Looks like we got some drama, girls

I just got a pretty hefty refund for the Tealios and Zealios switches in 3 preassembled boards from KBDFans. In some sense those boards have been compromised since I don’t have the skill or desire to desolder them and replace them with other switches, but I am satisfied.

5 Likes

Ohhhhh I see

Glad to hear you got refunded already! I’m still waiting to hear back from Wei about the batch of 78g Zealios I got in my NIU mini. Also if you decide you want to get the switches swapped out of any of those there are plenty of people in the community who would be willing to walk you through the desoldering process or do it for you if don’t want to risk doing it yourself. Feel free to hit me up about it in the future if you want. :+1:

Thanks. I don’t think I’ll be getting rid of the switches just on principle because they do still function fine, but it is kind of a difficult situation. The Tealios and Zealios I got from KBDFans were my only experience with these switches, so I’m not sure if what the genuine article are like. I will say that I didn’t like the “Tealios” as much as I thought I would from what some people had said about them, but I don’t know if that’s because they’re fake. I did like the “Zealios,” but maybe the real ones would be even better.

1 Like

NP, honestly the counterfeit Zealios I got feel pretty decent also & I’m gonna be leaving them in my NIU mini as well. IME the biggest difference between them & known genuine V1 78g Zealios is the tactility. The counterfeits have a similar tactility to Aliaz or Kailh browns, basically just a touch more tactile than Cherry or Gat browns, while the genuine ones I got have tactility a touch stronger than Cherry clears. As far as smoothness & weighting goes they counterfeits are very close to genuine V1 78g Zealios.

The counterfeit Tealios I can’t speak to though as I never tried them. I can imagine they are bit worse feeling than genuine Tealios as those are some buttery smooth linears even without lube. Although if they have around the same smoothness as the fake Zealios & not a ton of wobble (it might be just me, but I notice wobble much more on linear switches than tactile or clickies) they still should be a pretty good linear switches at least!

Has anyone NOT gotten their refund? I don’t want to keep bother Wei, but I also don’t want to be overlooked and its been over 48 hours since I emailed

1 Like

Was having a chat with him myself, about 8 hours ago. Wanted some more photos of my switches, and to offer me a partial(?) refund. Never heard back. Will attempt to contact again within the next day or two.

Should probably just remind him, I’m sure he’s inundated with people trying to get in touch with him.

Thanks. Huh, if he wants pictures that may be tough, the (presumably) fakes I bought are in my fiancee’s board who is long distance currently

Not entirely sure why he wants photos of the switches honestly, he asked for “macro photos” also lol, only have my phone cam though. I thought it was based on date. Also threw me for a loop when he said partial refund. I’m very curious about how this will go

2 Likes

Thanks, keep us posted. Yeah the goodwill/damage control for offering refunds is only valid if he… actually does the refunds

4 Likes

Yeah I haven’t heard anything back about my order yet either, I guess we will see what goes on here. I find it kinda funny he seemed to process the first few requests no issue & now he’s asking for “macro shots”…:thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t have to give any proof at all beyond the order numbers that were associated with my email address. I think it would be difficult to take photos good enough to prove anything, given how microscopic the details are — especially if the switches have already been installed. I wonder if he had problems with people trying to take advantage somehow

1 Like

Not sure why he’s asking for photos either. From his reddit post, seemed like it was based on a time frame. That with order numbers and emails should be sufficient, even if people are trying to take advantage of this situation, they shouldn’t be able to get past that barrier.

1 Like

Still insisting on a part refund, because he can’t be sure. Still hasn’t told me how much my part refund will be either :thinking:

1 Like

He might be looking for a good deal on counterfeit dollars.

5 Likes

They sold the unlicensed Matrix boards at the same price as the legit ones, that’s why it’s causing so much trouble.

Kbdfans did end up refunding me without any hassle, it just took a few days to get a response

3 Likes

It’s probably the sheer volume of refund requests

1 Like

Yeah: I’m guessing Wei underestimated the number of requests he was going to get by a pretty significant margin, hoping that either A) the situation wouldn’t blow up quite like it did, or B) a number of folks who otherwise seemed happy with the boards they had before the news broke weren’t going to ask for a refund.

Seems like the refund train has been a bit overwhelming either way.

4 Likes

That’s messed up IMO, he knows he sold counterfeit Zealio/Tealio switches from a certain date on, so if you bought beyond that date it should be just refunded. I’m sure he is getting a ton of refund requests right now so you’d think just checking the invoice date & either granting or denying a refund based on that would be the most time efficient way to go about it.

Also even if he had real Zealios & Tealios mixed in with the counterfeits now is not the time to be splitting hairs. Just refund everyone that bought them beyond May 1st is pretty much the only way he’s gonna salvage this situation. BTW, I still haven’t heard anything back about my purchase of the counterfeits.

4 Likes