Matt3o MT3 Tolkien Keycaps (in development)

I’m not sure if there’s a thread to share upcoming releases that we are unreasonably excited for. But here’s one thing I’m very stoked about:

https://matt3o.com/developing-a-tolkien-keycap-set/

“Soon” :star_struck:

3 Likes

Yes please indeed. I had the DSA set that he put out a while ago, but the quality was pretty low in my opinion and I didn’t care for the colors. I’ll be really looking forward to this.

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of the colors. They look cheap =/

2 Likes

I went for the Cyrillic set in that run & have to agree the quality wasn’t the best. Not the worst either though, for the $45 or so it cost me for the whole set with extras I feel like it was worth the price. This on the other hand, I’m definitely down for!

1 Like

I own the MT3 set in Elvish and like it a lot. Not a fan of the green mod in this new set. I do like the color of the Dwarfish set, but I don’t like the legends as much. Oh well, I’m sure I’ll purchase a set just to support Matt3o. ha.

Thanks for the link.

2 Likes

I’ve wanted that original MT3 set for a while, but never found it for sale for a reasonable price. Guess that’s what I get for skipping it when it was on sale originally… :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

I did say my excitement was unreasonable :upside_down_face: Well, I think Drop is moving towards perpetual sales, so there’ll likely be mitigated risk in “waiting and seeing” how it looks like IRL.

2 Likes

Damn son, sign me up.

Edit: I’m in it just for Tolkien’s Eye.

1 Like

Kind of a magic girl vibe.

Same as the DSA caps u can bundle with Planck/Preonic. :upside_down_face:

Prototype green looks much better to my eyes than the original renders. Also, the deskmat might be a map of Middle Earth, which would be cool.

*edited title of the thread for clarity

8 Likes

Although I can’t imagine myself using it, this is one of the most legendary keycaps sets you could make.

2 Likes

heck yes, this looks really nice. I own the Elvin caps in MT3 and I adore them, but this green and this cream (instead of gray) looks so much better to me. I was a bit offput by the origianl renders but this is certainly on the right track now. Exciting stuff. Now to find THE board for these caps. Hmm…

3 Likes

Agree with this