Need help finding an appropriate red for a keyset

Hey gang,
I’ve been chasing a watermelon-styled set for a little bit now, and I decided to try my hand at making my own. I’m content with the colors of mods and their legends, but I can’t seem to get the red correct.

Above is a render with RAL 440-1. This is the closest I’ve been able to get to a color I want. It needs to be a reddish-pink (like the colors of a watermelon), but I just can’t pinpoint a color. RO2 is far too aggressive for alphas. Any help would be appreciated!

I think you should go more ‘cartoony’ or playful with the red. The current color looks a bit extreme. maybe something like a pink or light red that you would see candies use to represent watermelon might be ideal

I feel like it might just be the quality of render, but I totally see where you’re coming from. I threw all the hexcodes into KLE and it came out with this (below) which looks different on each of the three different monitors I’ve seen it on so far. My goal is to aim for a red-ish pink, but I just can’t get it right. Being limited to RAL colors has been the biggest struggle so far. I think seeing physical samples might help my cause. The hexcode itself is #ca383c.

Yeah, KLE tends to be a bit odd; it uses the color you actually put in for the shadowed part of the keycap rather than the top, so you kind of have to design around that? It’s weird.

I would suggest not using color on your monitor AT ALL for matching or taking suggestions. Your monitors calibration is unknown, as is that of the vast majority of users. Renders also do not show colors very accurately and have questionable lighting conditions used.

Using RAL samples is a good start, but you can even go to your local hardware store and grab some paint swatches to start playing with combinations, then seeing what is closest.