QMK "KC_LEAD" Users

This talks about RSI…exactly why I stumbled into programmable keyboards…elbow pain. Glad to say QMK has reduced that by 99% in a very short time! Thank u QMK.

I don’t use any of them on my Planck. I only use hold and toggle layers. I might use combos on my Gherkin though - something like o+p for backspace.

Yeah I just switched to an ergodox, which is also my first QMK board. I’ve had pain in my wrists and hands for years. Switching to programmer dvoark helped a bit, but thusfar the ergodox is working wonders for me. I programmed it to handle my keyboard layout in firmware, so it even works in RDP sessions! Before, I had to fall back to QWERTY when logging in to a remote system.

How was the conversion from staggered layout to ortho? The Ortho or staggered question is my last big decision regarding programmable boards.

My plans are to build a custom board (staggered or ortho) that is a single unit but split (relieves lots of shoulder pressure), and without angling the keys in any way. Just not sure I can undo years of muscle memory to move to Ortho.

Just yesterday came across the tri layer (raise, lower, adjust) syntax/approach/verbiage, not really sure how to describe it. Is this a Planck thing or QMK thing?

@danielo just read some of the comments on this link. Much of what I read is beyond my skill set but it looks like this change is going to happen. Nice job, fingers crossed.

Tri layer can be used with any QMK based keyboard it’s not Planck specific.

i use it only for emojis. i don’t like shortening my keyboard workflow for software.

Looking forward to building a custom board with split space or even 3 so one can be used for a leader. Thanks for c file gems…taking some defines with me.