Rama kara

I’ll agree to your sentiments about the dampener with the Kara. It was lackluster for sure when I briefly tried it.

Alu Plate + Internal Weight was quite nice, but PC + Weight was just as good if not better, but which combo being better might depend largely on sound/feel preferences and switch choice.

I have a dampener coming with my U80 SEQ2…so I’ll have an extra dampener…almost enough incentive to have a 3rd Rama board to use the dampener for and just be a Rama fanboy. XD

2 Likes

hey fellow Rama fan boy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

yeah actually I think using some packaging foam would actually work too…just that it it’s a little more troublesome to assemble

Tape mod might help…? not sure. @donpark mentioned that the tape mod on POM plate wasn’t great in his experience, so it’s possible it might not work well with a PC plate too, but might be worth a try.

1 Like

Sorry, what’s the tape mod exactly?

Putting masking tape on the bottom of the PCB. The Tape Mod

It’s too early to generalize I think. We need more people experimenting and sharing their observations. Tape mod is something we can try quickly and undo so, hopefully, we’ll soon have a better understanding of the factors involved.

1 Like

They’re actually doing translucent green for round 2! I know I’m a bit late to the party here but it looks so goooooood

6 Likes

Seem like they do not know what to say - I had been waiting to their reply for a week now after they said they will discuss the issue with the team.

I see. Well, I hope it gets resolved :crossed_fingers:t3:

Just noticed Seq 2 doesn’t have an estimated ship date. Lol

haha timeline has become a sensitive commitment now lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh man. This set with ICED is beautiful. I might have to copy this haha. What set is this?

Thanks! It is MT3 Extended 2048.

So is the consensus that it’s not worth getting an internal weight or dampener for this board?
I’m going to order a puff today.

My opinion is that the weight is worth it but not sure about the dampener. If choosing one or the other, I’d recommend the weight. I haven’t tried that many things with the board yet though.
I haven’t tried linears in the board or silent switches.

1 Like

I got a dampener but I haven’t used the Kara without it. I’ll give it a go and report back.

1 Like

Trying to abate any bias present since I spent $45 on a slab of silicone here…

In my completely informal tests in taking out the internal dampener and then re-installing it, the dampener very slightly deadens some case noise.

If you want to add a little bit of weight to your Kara and don’t want to splurge for the actual weight, get the dampener.

TBH, I hear the difference although it isn’t the most significant, it’s there. Honestly I like the dampener but can understand why some people wouldn’t like it.

I haven’t tried the weight and think it could be really nifty though. I still switch to my Kara somewhat regularly since it’s just an easy typing experience with a “clean” feel.

2 Likes

This. It’s likely the best “no bullshit” board I own. It’s by no means perfect, but it does everything well, if that makes sense.

1 Like