Rama Thermal Raffle

For anyone who missed Thermal they are doing a raffle to win a chance to buy some in-stock e-white kits.

It’s only running until 2/12 15:00 GMT

10 Likes

I’ve been wanting a silver one really badly. Hopefully if I get extremely lucky I can win a milk one and trade it! Ha.

Am I the only one here that entered because I actually like the Milk thermal :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Mods. Please rename thread to “Thermal Raffle: Flippers Only”

4 Likes

I do like it a lot. However, I think the silver looks better. Fits the fins/heat sink aesthetic better.

2 Likes

nice to see a raffle instead of like five or however many in stock at some time that sells out instantly and crashes the site I guess

5 Likes

I agree, silver is probably my favorite color for the thermal – the industrial design of those fins definitely goes well with a raw metal treatment. However, i was pleasantly surprised by the milk one feeling more “gentle,” which I think makes sense because the lines are significantly less harsh with the coating.

I also genuinely like the milk thermal. I think it looks really great with vintage colored caps (as pictured).

3 Likes

Please don’t do that.

8 Likes

hey, i mean… if he wants to flip it to me for the same price, I’d take it!

7 Likes

kind of a dick move

3 Likes

I got the black intending to use the red aluminum plate, but in the end stuck with the silver, it looks so sharp poking through the vents.
I’m not sure what makes this so fun to taktaktak on, what precisely does the “leaf-spring” mount even do?

1 Like

In theory they offer some give but that really depends on implementation and material. I’ve been playing around with wave springs.

1 Like

Anybody get one?

I hope they will at least announce that they selected the winners.
This way I will stop refreshing my email every 5 minutes.

the winners have been notified. I didn’t win, but I do know someone who did.

7 Likes

I won one today. I got my invoice around 6PM PST. Now I wish I got GMK Stealth so I can do a stormtrooper build hahaha

10 Likes

I dont understand, clearly they can do an unlimited run, so why choose to raffle it. All it does is raise the price on the secondary market.

I don’t think they can do unlimited on Thermal on a rolling basis especially in current manufacturing environment. Wilba mentioned R2 will soon follow.

1 Like

Actually Rama boards are usually offered as unlimited pre order & I’m pretty sure the Thermal was. This was done as a raffle because there was only a small number of the white units made & they are all ready to be shipped out. Thermal Rd.2 & Thermal+ GBs should be unlimited pre order.

5 Likes