Rama Works U-80 (TKL)

On one of their IG stories they said it’s going to go live on May 18th.

2 Likes

Big update on a lot today, but U80-A specifics are May 31st, $420 :fire:
https://rama.works/prototype/2019/5/27/koyu-production-m60-a-seq2-production-rw-lp-keycaps-u80-a

1 Like

So little info, but so much hype for me

1 Like

What is the mount style going to be? I think they ended up deciding against integrated plate, right?

They’ve got some kind of new isolation mount system they’re calling the MUTE. Seems to be a kind of silicone layer that sits below the plate, with bumpers rising above the plate to keep it from touching the top of the case. Screws are involved… somehow

Not entirely sure how it works, but maybe we’ll see more before/after the pre-orders open.

1 Like

I believe the screws hold the hotswap pcb to the plate.

1 Like

Oh, duh :woman_facepalming:

RAMA also let me know that the MILK version will most likely be $40 more than the other finishes, which was the same for the M60-A.

2 Likes

Debut tonight at 8pm EST!
https://twitter.com/ramaworks/status/1134448774628159488

2 Likes

Makes more sense than trying to launch at 7AM in RAMA’s time zone :joy:

Oh man, the RAMA hype train could probably destroy the Shanghai Maglev.

3 Likes

Seems he might also be launching SEQ2 of HEAVY INDUSTRY as well, and if it’s to be representative of the render on the U80-A PORT, it’s quite lovely.

Prepare for your desk to creak under its weight and your wallet to weep for the total.

1 Like

So who’s in it to win it? If I didn’t go broke from keycon I’d be down -_-

1 Like

I’m probably gonna get a lake and pair it with the SA laser coming out!

1 Like

Had to think long and hard about it.

As much as I think a lot of the stuff going into the U80 is really neat (excited about them shifting away from an integrated plate, the MUTE seems really neat), the facts that it isn’t in my favorite RAMA colorway (Haze) and that I’m mostly looking to expand my collection with fuller boards right now (looking forward to a chance at the HBCP, hoping for a larger RAMA board some day) mean I’m sitting this one out for now.

Still grabbing a Haze M6-C though :joy:

I’m in it to win it! I think this is the Rama board that finally pushed me over the edge There’s a lot about it that I like. The port colorway will look great with SA Olivia

2 Likes

Totally in. That port has me feeling all funny

1 Like

Haven’t joined yet, but I plan to buy a milk color hotswap version if the markets go back up before the end of the month. I know that’s not a rational decision, but that’s the parameters I’ve set for myself :brain:

I’ll probably join if I can’t finagle one of the Koyu extras (assuming they go on sale before the GB closes, which is a big “IF”).

If you’re only getting one, the extra engineering around the plate and “MUTE” dampener definitely make the U80 a better buy in my opinion.