Realforce R3

Oh yeah this board is still Topre stem, exactly what you’d expect. The 30g board comes with purple sliders too, its quite nice!

Seriously, no 30g all white TKL or 108 ANSI?

1 Like

When are these supposed to be available for US buyers?

well, I was going to suggest that you ask them on social media, but for some reason the HHKB_Realforce account is gone: https://www.instagram.com/hhkb_realforce_us/

weird.

They do have an email address listed on their contact page:
https://hhkeyboard.us/about/contact-us

You can buy it now if you use a proxy service like buyee.

I did that for my white non-logo 25th anniversary ed. HHKB. It’s easy to do and fairly quick. I’m showing the boards for around $299 USD

You’re going to pay about $15 in fees and $30 in shipping on top of that. It’s not a bad deal, but I’m confident these won’t sell out like the special edition HHKBs, so no need to order from overseas.

they have simply renamed to instagram . com / hhkb_us

https://www.instagram.com/hhkb_us/

they still posted the promo for r2 realforce discounts off on their US website

1 Like

How much customization does the key remap software provide?

If I buy the jis version does the remap software provide enough to remap alphas AND modifiers to something similar to an iso layout and make my own fn keys with the remaining mods?

Thanks for any help.

I think they may have some kind of shortage on these, as they’re sold out of many boards on their Amazon and official shop pages. They also brought back the 23u and it sold out in a matter of hours. I’d love to try out an R3 but can’t find anywhere stateside to pick this up and these came out about a year ago.

1 Like

i was in tokyo last month and couldn’t find anything locally. with exception of one shop only having 2 30g variants, everything else was sold out at pretty much every shop i visited. in japan you can order direct from topre but when i checked the ship times it was weeks out

1 Like

I would say maybe go through a proxy service but they just seem to be plumb out. Would love to remap a TKL US layout to be Mac compatible. Guess we’ll have to wait and see if they move onto the R3s next year as they make more of them and potentially phase out the R2s?

Where can I get one of these in the US?
fuji store isn’t selling one but I spot some on eBay. Are those sellers legit? I have never bought anything from eBay before lol

Do not buy them from eBay lol. Those are really over priced. They are not offered (and probably will not be offered) in the US. Best thing to do is use Buyee to get one imported from Japan. They have Bluetooth and wired versions. There are some ANSI Bluetooth ones but they are really hard to find, you’re pretty much stuck with JIS layout only. They also sell JIS colored caps for them on Amazon.JP (I’d use Zenmarket for buying off Amazon.JP).

3 Likes

Appreciate the reply! Too late unfortunately I got one from eBay in the end
@techbeezin

Haha no worries. How do you like it?

Not here yet on its way

1 Like

I am late to full size keyboards. But I got both a R2 and R3 this week, completely agree with what OP said.