Realforce vs Leopold similarities / differences

Variable weighted Topre uses 45g for alphas, 30g for mods, & 55g for Esc & space I believe. As far I know when the housing is drilled out the extra stems do not interfere with switch operation & the caps stay securely mounted (Topre uses a weird stabilizer system on 2u keys that only requires the switch be attached by the middle stem). Although hopefully someone more versed than me in making Topre boards MX cap compatible can chime in. I have a good ideal of how it works since I’ve done the research thinking I was gonna make my 660C MX compatible, but I never actually got around to doing the mod myself. So don’t take my advice as 100% right.

1 Like

!

Realforce RGB
Fc660c with JTK stabilizers
Novatouch

I had to drill holes into the fc660c stabilizer housing when I switched over to JTK sliders. The alphas are Realforce RGB ones however.

The realforce RGB stabilizer keys won’t work with other OEM Topre boards because of the stabilizer set up. You’ll have to drill into the housing regardless. When I did it, it was fairly easy and this was back in 2017.

On Fujitsu’s website, they sell the 45g variant. I’m not sure if they sell variable weight or any other weights since I haven’t looked at the realforce RGB for a while.

I’m not sure if I’m understanding it correctly. But the stabilizer keys are a bit wobbly because the two out stems don’t have anything to connect to. However this isn’t too noticeable. Without the drilled holes, the two outer stems will hit the housings of the stabilized keys before being able to bottom out. .

3 Likes

that’s pretty much what I couldn’t imagine. the pictures of the FC660C/JTK pretty much show where I think the outer stems would move when bottoming out.

This one I don’t understand. Sushi keys on Norbaforce PC is Realforce RGB, correct? So those two stems on either side would connect to an MX enter key, but in a Topre board they would just…not go up and down or just hit the bottom of the key? What’s an OEM Topre board?

OEM are fresh factory stock (no mods). What I meant by the RGB stabs not working with Topre is that you can’t pluck them out and put them in another Topre board (such as fc980c, 660c, RF). Unlike the Novatouch stabs where the housings can come out, the RGB stabs are 1u housings with stabilizers (like something that you’ll find in cherry mx style boards).

When you pull off one of the Topre stabilizers you’ll see that they’re are other stems but they’re nuch more recessed. But because the outer stems of mx style keycaps are the same size as the center one, you’ll hit the housings before bottoming out.

If you’re talking about putting Topre keycaps on Realforce RGB stems, they wont fit.

1 Like