RO-59 TM KT vs Krytox vs Tribosys

Does any one have any experiance with RO-59 TM KT?

Would it be worth picking up some RO-59 TM KT to use instead of the traditional Krytox / Tribosys lubes, on Zilents?

Also, any thoughts on RO-59 TM KT vs Krytox vs Tribosys, would be appreciated. I’ve read through the ripster55 guides on reddit, but I’m intrested in more long term usage information.

RO-59 TM KT source: https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/e4ib67/usmahro59_tmkt_super_lube_wpaypal_venmo_apple_pay/

2 Likes

Hmm maybe I’ll finally have a chance to try RO-59 that hasn’t expired :thinking:

1 Like

I decided to order some, as I intend to do a couple tests:

Switches:

• RO-59 vs 3203 vs 3204 vs 205
  • Treated with RO-59 and lubed with 3203.
  • Treated with RO-59 and lubed with 3204.
  • Treated with RO-59 and lubed with 205.

Stab:

• RO-59 vs 3203 vs 3204 vs 205
  • Treated with RO-59 and lubed with 3203.
  • Treated with RO-59 and lubed with 3204.
  • Treated with RO-59 and lubed with 205.

I’m mainly interested in seeing if there are any negative interactions between RO-59 and the 3203.Preformatted text

EDIT: May or may not do stab testing, due to it being redundant.

1 Like

I appreciate the share in the first post, is the intention to have the RO-59 coating as a “fallback” once the Krytox would’ve required reapplication? like an under coating? interesting, I’m staying tuned!

I’m thinking of using the ro-59 on the housings and the krytox on the stems. need to do some experimenting once I receive my batch. I also ordered a lubing station, so he’s shipping them together, once the lubing stations have been cut.

I’m him, lube station and RO-50tmKT. I was looking for community reviews of the lubricant and came across your post, thank you for sharing my reddit sales link!

1 Like

Why yes you are! It may have been 2am, when I read your post. lol

@CosmicKira Any updates? I’m quite interested in a comparison between 205 type lubes and RO-59, and maybe getting some to compare to similar wet application dry lubes but perhaps in spray variants.

Unfortunately no, it’s been put on the back burner, as I’ve had other things take precedence… One of these days, I need to get around to it.

Hay, I never got around to using the RO-59, due to time constraints. If your interested in it, I can send it to you.

Yeah I’m definitely down! DMing you now

Does this mean will get a Which Switch spin off called Ludacris Lubing

2 Likes

I am waiting for a video on foams and some video tutorials about mods. :slight_smile:

1 Like