Say hello to Mr.Copper

As promised, YOU ASK, WE DO:

We have been updated our material list! Now all you have COPPER available :slight_smile: In natural (cool old looking), shiny (shines like rose gold) and brushed finish (smooth and manually brushed). Thickness: 1.5mm.

Material geek info: 99.9% Copper, type B101 (F25)

Stay tuned, this is just tip of the iceberg :wink:

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Just at the right time! Was going to order a plate in brass but switched to copper when I saw it was available now.

Thanks for all the effort you put into our little hobby :slight_smile:

I love the idea of using copper. I have a few questions.

Do all of the finishes turn green dark and/or green with age? Also, any idea how long it would take for the copper to tarnish in normal indoor use?

I’m assuming you would need to coat it if you want the original color to stay, right.

We don’t protect brass or copper, it is recomended to varnish or made a surface treatment (PVD) if you want a part for an outdoor applications.

We have parts in our facilities polished 3 years ago, and they looks stunning again with some alcohol cleaning. They don’t tarnish easily, we use the B101 (F25), this is a 99’9% copper, we allways use this alloy and we never receive any issue from costumers.

Thank You!

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Looks like I need to get to designing a plate :star_struck:

I am so, so happy and impressed by the collaboration this community and LaserBoost have set up. Definitely going to be taking advantage of this soon!

I’ll definately be using your service as soon as I have access to either FC660M or Tada68 plate files.