Silent tactile switches

Unlike in many cases, I found Silent Brown V2 to sound well with EnjoyPBT, on an M87 Pro.

2 Likes

Cracking open a TTC Silent Brown (not sure which version) and comparing it to the Peanut Latte:

1. The Silent Brown (SB) has the rounded bottom to the stem pole (just like the Bluish-White) vs. the more flattened of the Peanut Latte (PL)
  2. Very different spring – SB has a 16mm single stage spring, while the PL has a 22mm double stage.
  3. Very light lube, if any, on the SB, compared to a slightly more noticeable amount on the PL.

So for both of the things you talk about modding are going to be different stock for the Peanut Latte – you might not need to mod them at all, or might only need to change the spring. Definitely something to test with a few first before committing, IMO.

2 Likes

Very interesting. Thank-you.

The PL seem pretty cool, stock. If only there was a way to cheaply get samples in Canada.

I feel as though the SB springs, that bottom-out at 63.5 G [16mm?] are a little heavier than is necessary. So maybe I’d start with 60 G 16mm.*

Based on your helpful details, either one would have to be significantly modified. So I might stick with the SB, which are easy to obtain in Canada.

*If the stock SB springs actuate at 45 G and bottom-out at 63.5 G, I wonder if they are slightly progressive. (That’s almost like a 15mm Spirit 63.5 G Progressive, which actuates like a 55 G spring, but bottoms-out at 63.5 G.)

1 Like