The endless scroll layout has gotta go

I have to say, the endless scrolling is actually nicely done here.

If you have an account, you get automatically teleported to the post next to the one you read last. The date-enhanced “scrollbar” to the right will be useful for topics that are spread out over a longer time. You can search within the topic you’re currently looking at (oh my god, this is a godsend … GH’s search is ridiculously bad). The URL reflects the comment you click on (so deeplinking works).

And let’s be honest, who actually likes to click on “next page” to read on, or “page X” they want to find something. It’s just a worthless click.

The only thing pages have left going for them (for me at least) is that they provide a boundary that allows the reader to breath, stop, and continue at a later time (e.g. a 50+ page thread on GH) … much like a chapter in a book.

However, I am sure there is also a way to improve that somehow, without introducing pages. Maybe “separators” that are automatically introduced after a certain time between comments.

well aren’t you a grade A asshole. I do not see the point of going through the effort of creating an account to just shit post, no one is forcing you to use the platform, go back to whatever platform you prefer enjoying.

thanks,