The Heavy-6 (now resurrected in polycarbonate)

I thought I was watching the intro credits of a techno-futuristic thriller, especially with the sweet soundtrack and light flicker. Nice film.

1 Like

Ha. Those fluorescent lights were a nightmare. I subsequently learned how to eliminate flicker like that by adjusting the shutter speed, but back when I shot this I was just starting to get into video and had no idea what I was doing.

1 Like

This is awesome. Thank you for shooting this… and now I understand why they are so expensive to produce. The labor is insane (in the US no less)

someone buy these SO I’LL STOP LOOKING AND WONDERING IF I NEED A SECOND ONE! aaaaaahhh!!!

6 Likes

Would anyone know ho much the sound changes between the aluminum case and pc case?
I currently have an aluminum heavy-6 and was just curious about what I should expect if I change over?

this helpful post by @Goguma helped convince me on the PC H6 (at 0:30s – i couldn’t get the link to snap to the time)

board specs:

• Fc660c Silent Version (45g + Factory Silenced + Lubed w/ 205g0) in Norbauer Polycarbonate Housing. Keycaps are KBDFans x Biip EC Extended 2048.

hmmm could hear a slight difference. thanks for the links.
at this point, i just gotta decide which of the two I prefer looking at lol.

1 Like

new batch of Tactical Black available in the store

@norbauer why no Aperture :scream:

1 Like

The process is quite different for powder vs anodizing, so they’re basically totally separate productions. If you particularly need/want and Aperture, however, shoot me an email and I’ll see what I can arrange. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@norbauer or norba-staff, tried looking at your urbi et orbi shop page for shipping updates. any news on the PC h6 round that sold during Easter 2021? thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Hey @insolentpotato, Norbateam member here!
We’re actually just waiting on the housings to arrive to us. The last time we spoke with the factory (which was on Tuesday - last week) the folks there were already QC-ing and preparing the housings for shipping which should take about two weeks. After that, it should take about another week or so for us to assemble the keyboards and get everything shipped out!

Hope this helped & thanks for reaching out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

ah, thanks @Orrnnery! sorry about buggin. i still sent an email because i changed contact emails for shipping/tracking. but thanks for clarifying the timeline and i look forward to a late summer/early fall treat then.

1 Like

Its no problem at all! please feel free to email whenever regarding timelines. In the past year, we rarely included specific timelines due to the fluctuating pandemic related delays. However, we’re always more than happy to share where we’re at in the process for any of our projects. Thanks for checking in, and glad to be able to help!

3 Likes

This is exciting news! I finally get to see how my RGB mod works! :smiley:

1 Like

Have there been any new updates regarding PC Heavy-6?

1 Like

Same situation regarding retail boxes and the housings already being done as with the Norbaforces. Housings are done and at our warehouse, and we’re just waiting on boxes.

However, because those were promised earlier, we actually rushed ahead a small quantity of boxes (which costs more than the boxes themselves) for those. Those should be arriving in the next week or so. So the Heavy-6 units should be shipping relatively soon. Maybe 2-3 weeks?

10 Likes

now that I’ve experienced Yang BLE with HHKB, I want to replicate that with my 660C, thus the need for a Heavy-6 Urbi et Orbi - any chance there’s a warehouse find? or someone here is who’s looking to pass it on? cheers!

Would you be ok with a discounted slight b-stock? Because we have several of those. :slight_smile: We’re still waiting for the last of the first-quality replacements and likely won’t have any extras of those, I’m sorry to say.

I don’t normally sell b stocks but as we draw down to the last of the Topre inventory, I’m going to be more flexible on that point, especially when the cosmetic issues are very minor. :blush:

3 Likes

@norbauer warehouse find it is! should I drop an email per usual?

1 Like

I might also send an email on this, I regret not buying one earlier now that they’re gone :eyes:

1 Like