The Heavy-6 (now resurrected in polycarbonate)

I’m happy to report that the refinished back-plates are ready and assembly/boxing will begin early next week. I would therefore expect group buy orders to start shipping out toward the end of next week.

11 Likes

Thanks for the awesome update Norbauer! Hope all the legal stuff is going well

1 Like

Fantastic news, thank you for the update. I am glad there weren’t any more manufacturing surprises.

Haha. Well, my general Stoic tendency toward premeditatio malorum reminds me that, until the housings are all in people’s hands and I get a lot of positive feedback, a million things could still go horribly wrong. Until that stage of a project arrives (which so far, thankfully, it always has), I don’t allow myself to relax. :neutral_face:

1 Like

But stoicism should also help you to remain at ease with what comes and goes, no? :wink:

Easier said than done…

1 Like

I love the amount of effort that you obviously show on all of the projects that you have, I just had to buy one of these cases. I love the work and I cannot wait for this thing. Hope that it all goes well!

Can’t wait and thanks for the relentless pursuit of perfection!

Here is what the H6 prototype looks like so far, a ‘preview’ for those who ordered the Aperture. If you haven’t, do it now! And don’t forget to support Ryan and buy that gorgeous keychain! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

ooft can’t wait for my aperture to come in.

not sure if I should rock my resin mods or the realforce hipro mods - i think the realforce ones probably fit the colour better, but the bottom row wouldn’t match

maybe I could rock the resin mods with grey hipro alphas…

2 Likes

Yeah, am I the only one stoked about the nerd purse? Because I really want to see how that turned out. And also because I go to meetups where I’m sure I’m judged on my fashion sense.

4 Likes

I feel like if you’re getting the aperture in, you somehow need to get your CST to have a similar finish to continue the theme of matching you have going on right now :smiley:

But for reals, a CST with that finish :thinking:

1 Like

HYPE! :heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::black_heart:

7 Likes

Any chance we can get a tease of the fancy packaging you have in store?

I don’t want to spoil the pleasure of unboxing. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

How many orders are getting ready for shipment? I didn’t get any email notification.:frowning:

All the orders.

If you ordered after mid-October (order number higher than about 2249), then you wouldn’t have gotten a notification because the technical step that precipitated the email isn’t required on those newer orders. I’ll spare you the arcane technical details, but it’s due to some stupid quirk of Shopify’s API that I had to bump old orders to new order numbers to get them to transfer over to my shipping system. :man_facepalming: Only folks affected by that got the automated email notification so that they would know what their new order number was.

1 Like

OK thanks! Mine is lower but the order was modified to ‘2XXXB’ after mid Oct. So we will only get shipping notification, correct? Soon I hope. :slight_smile:

I’m excited for my heavy-6 to come in <3

1 Like

Yeah, me too. I’m, like, Pointer Sisters level excited, about to lose control and I think I like it.

Correct. Any order with a date later than mid-October would already have made it into the shipping system and therefore wouldn’t have required that extra step.

It has been a bit of a headache transitioning to this new fulfillment workflow, but it looks like I’ll be shipping about 300-400 housings (between Heavy-6 and Norbatouch Round 3.14) in the next week or two, and there is no way I could have done that out of my living room like I was doing only just a few months ago. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Here’s to the cause of endeavoring to be a semi-professional grownup. :clinking_glasses:

8 Likes

So hyped for this to arrive! Thanks for keeping everything on-time, Ryan.