The Heavy-6 (now resurrected in polycarbonate)

Yes, the Monoliths are shipping this week. The Monolivia will be a few more weeks yet; I sent updates to everyone affected directly.

2 Likes

Just received mine (Europe). It’s even more beautiful in real life than in photos. Also didn’t have to pay import tax on it which is a big win. So super happy, can’t wait to get home and build it. Might pretend to be a bit sick and head home actually.

2 Likes

Just got this today and I immediately built it! The powder coat of the Aperture case is absolutely amazing, it has exceeded my expectations! Thank you so much Ryan!

P.S. Also thanks for accommodating my several customer requests through email, you rock!

1 Like

I may have missed it, but has anyone posted a decent video of fitting the Heavy-6 yet? Couldn’t find one here or on r/mk. I wouldn’t mind seeing a walkthrough before embarking on the journey myself.

Man thanks a lot for the picture. Now I feel super sad opting out Aperture and went for Tactical.

I found the original overview video from @Manofinterests, he went over the installation enough to get me there. Heavy-6 Overview - YouTube

1 Like

Just assembled it… I’m beyond stoked!! Thank you Ryan, you did an amazing job with this beast.

8 Likes

Awesome! Do you have final sales numbers, including the Monolith and Monolivia?

this looks incredible! simple black & white is unbeatable = )

Which finish is this?

tactical black, so he won the lottery.

Had to join Keebtalk just to post this. This case is drop-dead GORGEOUS. The retro refrigerator color turned out to be better than even Norbauer’s photos.

Please pardon my crappy cell phone camera which doesn’t do this board justice. It is far more vibrant than the uploaded image.

The only single criticism that I can think of is that I could really use some thicker feet to angle the keyboard a bit more towards my fingers. Some hi-rise feet would make this go from 99.99% to 100%.

10 Likes

Wow. Thanks so much for the awesome feedback.

For those folks who prefer an extreme typing angle, some have reported that simply applying rubber bumpers to the rear of the housing (of the sort that can usually readily be found at hardware shops) worked well for them.

That is coincidentally what I did. Unfortunately it still didn’t angle it as high as I was used to with the original FC660C housing. It is a bit better than nothing though. Might have to find higher ones. You can kinda see the angle delta between the FC660C in my pic with my Leopold FC210TP.

But seriously though. I’ve seen the Norbatouch before, and I gotta say that this Heavy-6 is well beyond that in quality, and the Norbatouch case is pure quality to begin with.

3 Likes

Absolutely awesome. I love my Norbatouch but the Heavy-6 is perfection. I’m going to say two naughty words, but I think Mr. Norbauer has defined my end game.

6 Likes

I’m using these 10mm ones I got in a variety pack off Amazon

(Camera angle is making them look askew but they are on straight)

3 Likes

Wow. You like a pretty serious angle on your boards.

Those bumpers are pretty much dead on 10mm, the standard fold out feet on the FC660c are about 14mm so not as extreme as the stock board :wink:

That said I also enjoy typing on this beast:

LZ St with an 11 degree angle and SA key caps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like the FC660c much better with the feet out. I’ll be putting bumpers on the Monolith for sure. I’m kind of tacky that way. If anyone has a suggestion for something more substantial, preferably made out of depleted uranium, I’m all ears.

1 Like

Got all my Heavy-6s, they are simply stunning and I don’t think I need to buy another board! Thank you!! :slight_smile:
Added a thick Sorbothane sheet on the bottom plate.

4 Likes