The Heavy-6 (now resurrected in polycarbonate)

At $230, the FC660C was something I was interested in. At current levels, the Koreans/Japanese/Chinese (whatever factory will be producing them) can keep them. Meaning no Heavy 6 for me :frowning:

It looks like the prices for the FC660c and the Monolith are coming into alignment. Perfectly balanced, as it were. Hmmmm…

Norbauer is Thanos. Called it first.

I may be spoiling the price telling this…

It’s still around USD210 shipped at Taobao if you are comfortable navigating the site with Google Chrome.

I recommended www.superbuy.com as a proxy to help with buying on Taobao

Any chance of some sweet video forthcoming?

1 Like

Just to clarify, as described in the GB page, the non-Monolith backplates are indeed stainless steel but they are a matte finish coated with black zinc. The visual effect is analogous to the Monolith’s all-PVD coating, but using that coating makes the price of the aluminum models (relatively) more accessible.

(In an admittedly confusing turn, Huey’s sample has a PVD backplate, but that’s just because that’s all I had on hand to send him.:confused:)

Thanks for the clarification, makes sense. :slight_smile:

I posted a little short snippet of a video showing the bag factory that will make the Heavy-6 carry bags.

https://instagram.com/p/BoqVOXYDbGW/

I’ll do a longer version of the same when I offer my TKL carry bag.

3 Likes

What do the distributions look like for the finishes? How many ballers are out there and got the monolith now that we’re on the home stretch? I put in my order for the Aperture yesterday so I’m hoping I can just pretend to forget about it until they start shipping.

1 Like

14 Monoliths sold so far; they all jumped in early. Popularity now looks like this: Aerospace, Aperture, Retro, Monolith, Motorsport.

4 Likes

Man, kind of surprised motorsport is low, I had a hard time deciding between that and retro.

It was a surprise to me too, but all the rarer those will be, so I’m cool with that. :blush: I think it’ll probably be the version I’ll keep around for myself because it’s so unusual.

Also, there is still time left. In my experience, there is usually a huge rush of orders in the final days (i.e., this week), so who knows how those will skew.

How are the carry bag orders going? I would hope for a one-to-one correlation, but can understand how the extra cost might trip some budget alarms.

It’s a really good looking bag. I know I look forward to bouncing into future keyboard meetups, styling and vogue-ing like it’s a Parisian catwalk with my swanky keeb purse.

I expect groupies.

1 Like

You’ll be a member of the elite nerd-purse few. I think only about 15% of orders have elected to add the bag so far. Due to the cost of being made here in California the custom carry bag is, like the Monolith, is a bit on the extravagant side, so I didn’t expect everyone to pick it up. But hopefully we’ll get a decent number more orders in the remaining few days of the GB. Otherwise, I’m going to have to have an uncomfortable conversation with the workshop. :expressionless:

2 Likes

Christ… I wish I had the keeb for this… Apeture really appeals to the photo/videography nerd in me. :sob:

1 Like

1 Like

You tease :stuck_out_tongue:

:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::sob:

more photos please…

Soon :wink:

2 Likes