:disappointed: miss this :disappointed:

1 Like

Newest Episode!

5 Likes

Newest Episode!

2 Likes

The start of this month has a LOT of GMK

2 Likes

Just a quick message to say that I really enjoy your This Week in Keyboards series. The format is great and it’s good to hear your opinions and thoughts. Subscribed :+1:

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

No news today? =)

Unfortunately not today, the next episode will be out tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Then I will go to bed early. =)

1 Like
2 Likes

Don’t know if I should take this here but… =)

U got me very confused when you got to the part of ePBT and that it’s the superior material over KAT and GMK.

Now I was under the impression that ePBT was a company that makes caps in PBT, GMK a company that makes caps in different materials but all in OEM profile caps and KAT is just a profile like SA, DSA and Cherry.
Enlighten me pls. =S

ePBT = EnjoyPBT: They are a company that primarily produces dye subbedPBT keycaps in Cherry Profile

GMK aka GMK electronic design GmbH: They are a company that produces doubleshot ABS keycaps in Cherry Profile

KAT is a keycap profile from the company Keyreative in China. KAT is a high profile sculpt similar to SA, but with a bit more scoop and curve (also way better in my opinion). KAT keycaps are made in PBT.

1 Like

Dunno if Huey already answered your question, but ePBT like the name makes their caps in PBT as in the name. GMK on the other hand like SA, make their caps in ABS plastic.

Pbt has a slightly rougher texture and is a lot harder to get shine. ABS on the other hand is a shine magnet, but is a lot smoother to the touch. So some people like PBT a bit more than GMK, but GMK is usually the set of choice when it comes to custom caps.