TTC V2 and V3 switches

TTC V2 and V3 pro switches have popped up on KBDfans. Anyone actually use these, they are fairly expensive at 65 cents a switch. What makes a TTC switch special?

The Pro switches sound very interesting:

“PRO VERSION COMES WITH A SLEEP DECIBEL OPERATION INPUT EXPERIENCE, THE PRO VERSION OPTIMIZES THE COORDINATION OF BUTTONS AND OTHER COMPONENTS, AND THE SMOOTHNESS IS GREATLY IMPROVED”

https://kbdfans.com/collections/new-arrival/products/ttc-silent-brown-v2-pro-switches

2 Likes

I don’t know what makes these switches special at all. Seems like they are trying to capitalize on the general wave of enthusiast switches priced at .60 and higher.

TTC Gold Brown V3 for … 65 cents each. I bought my V2 for .18 cents each when Novelkeys clearanced them.

And these new ones look like they have a heavier spring. They’d should have a better tactile bump in order to compensate. At least the V2 can serve as the basis for a decent frankenswitch, something you might hear more about later.

1 Like

Edit: first impressions below, but having had another day or so with these my feelings are a little different.

TL;DR: these strike me as fairly remarkable in quality if otherwise pretty standard in design. Think “Cherry but better” and you won’t be far off from my impression.

After installing some rubber feet on the tester and having it on a proper flat surface, these switches became a bit more impressive to me. I think with some good spring lube (and maybe the other parts for the pink one), these could be very good switches in their own right.

I especially like the sound of the gold browns; it’s a pleasing mix of low and high frequency elements.

I am impressed by how quiet the silents are; the browns are much more quiet than most of Gateron or Kailh’s versions (still louder than Gazzew’s, though). They all feel pleasant, solid, and stable - I’m interested in hearing the thoughts of anyone who has used them in a board - and to try them in one myself.

First impressions:

I’m also curious about these. I got a switch tester of them not long ago but I haven’t tried them in real use.

The gold pink linears do seem extra stable and decently smooth.

The gold browns seem like a slightly more refined take on the Cherry brown, with a little bit more tactility but still being mild by today’s standards. Bottom-out sound is kind of nice. The weighting is definitely heavier which feels good to me on the tester, but yeah that’s about all I can say about them so far.

I honestly don’t know if the silent brown I have is a “pro” or not - and I couldn’t quite understand what that little blurb on the page was supposed to mean, either. “More quiet more smooth,” sure - but I wonder if that just means “we lubed them for an extra $0.05 / switch” or if it means “these have physically superior components”.

The silents have a bit of crunchy spring going on - but I still like them better than Cherry’s, at least from what I can tell on a tester. The silent brown is pretty meh IMO. The silent linear is decently smooth; above average I’d say - but it has the most noticeable spring sound & feel.

I can’t say anything strikes me as being super interesting, but agreed with HungerMechanic that they seem like they could be good housings for frankenswitches; they do seem nice and dense with good tolerances, and they’ve got a little lens thing for SMD LED’s.

2 Likes