What did you get in the mail today?

Its not a standard orthoboard. more flexible, but still in the grid. I like having a big spacebar, but would prefer something like 5u. Sadly pimpmykeyboard does not offer 5u spacebars, so I went with this layout instead. The main idea behind the board is beeing flexible, so we design the pcb to allow a lot of layout options. e.g. 2u, 3u, 4u, 5u spacebars will be possible (if you find the cap for it).

I much prefer a long spacebar on any board. I’ve got a Planck and another ortho with a full size spacebar and I much prefer the full size spacebar one. There’s lots of room to hit wherever; when I’m full on typing I use my right hand for space, but when I’m doing anything where I have one hand on the board and one on the mouse (CAD all day at work, video games etc at home) it’s essential to be able to easily hit it with my left. I only use one layer besides the one it normally sits at, no fancy features, and don’t really use win, alt, or right ctrl, so I don’t need lots of keys for toggling stuff. That’s just me though.

I’m on vacation right now or I would post a pic, I don’t have one readily available. It’s an AMJ40.

2 Likes

Got some goodies in!

5 Likes

I actually have a 7u space bar on my boardwalk ortho board :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice haul! Can you please post a pic or two of the Cubic BoW set? I actually have it sitting in my cart on NK right now, but I’m debating on pulling the trigger or not.

Cubic BoW on my wife’s keyboard. Accents are from another Cubic set. Cubic alpha legends are pretty good.

This was one of my early builds with visible mistakes. I’m going to rebuild it when I can.

6 Likes

Got some new keycaps - MDA Big Bang 2.0
Quality is ok. I like the clean look. And there are a lot of different keycap options in the set.

3 Likes

Thanks for the pic bud! They do look really clean, think I might have to jump on a set.

1 Like

Got an extra awesome surprise in today! Won a single Carbon blank in Bro Cap’s latest raffle, but look at what showed up along with it…

A Carbon Froper with a TMX stem! :scream: My first Froper I ever got to make it even better!

This absolutely made my day & shocked the shit out of me, cause I didn’t see any mention of him planning on putting extra caps in random orders. All I can is say is a huge thank you to Bro for this one & I love you guys too! :grin:

I also got some other stuff in this week to, but didn’t get a chance to post it.

I got my custom colorway Skull Candy cap from Mohawk Caps in. I asked him to match Jamon for me & he nailed it right on the head! Perfect cap for the season as well!

Also got a Dr. Click cap from Hammer in to match up with my ePBT sets.

Finally I got a big haul of mostly Cherry R1 Idea23 blanks for a great price off r/mm. Most of them to match up with Jamon & the 2 greyish black ones to match up with Gmk Oblivion V2. Definitely a good week with resin for me! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I got chu; talked about it on stream at this timestamp

3 Likes

10x 67g Zealios V2 because I miscounted and was a few switches short for my lubrigante whenever it comes in.

Cost of shipping was more than the switches.

1 Like

Damn that sucks, did you have to get the switches straight from Zeal too? Kinda wish you had put up a post about it here, I could’ve sent you some 78g V2 Zealios with V1 67g springs in them probably for much less. I think I got at least 30 of each in my stockpiles. Oh well, you got them now, but always check the community if you need just a few switches or say one 2U stab, stuff like that. There is almost always someone who has what you need & would be willing to help a follow enthusiast out! :wink:

1 Like

Nah its no big deal, I pretty much just chuckled to myself when I figured it out.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve done similar things, well glad you got what you need now man! Did you put the Lubrigante together yet? Post some pics when you have a chance!

Got my artisans from the KeyForge fulfillment sale yesterday. Very very nice, and seem like good matches for these boards. But when I started to use the board with GMK Shoko on it again after a couple of weeks, I find that two more switches are either double typing (D) or not typing at all unless I hit them much harder than usual (O). These switches are some of the “fake Zealios” from KBDFans, and I’ve already had to replace one or two switches on this board for similar problems. Very annoying.

7 Likes

And there are still people who want to deal with Durock… :thinking:

You madman!!1 I have 2x2u on my ergo60/boardwalk prototype.

I got and built my lubrigante with krytox lubed creams last week, takes less time to adjust then i though.

Did put jamon on it, but sadly there was no alpha colored key in there for the second ‘b’, used the up arrow for now.

3 Likes

One of the R4 keys from Ène Survival Kit would work nicely there. Maybe put a WTB post for one up.

1 Like

IIRC the 40s/split kit had an extra B key just for that purpose

1 Like