What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

BUT now I need to find longer screws…

2 Likes

HOLY GRAIL acquired!

A brand new never used TSAfox kit for Godspeed SA :partying_face: It cost me more than I’d like to admit, but I couldn’t pass the chance at getting it unused & from the original run!

I also grabbed the regular Hagoromo alpha kit for Oblivion V2 since the same person had it for sale as well.

9 Likes

Looks great! Your best bet for Cherry MX compatible caps would be to grab a REALFORCE RGB TKL board and put it in there instead of the 87u. I believe @norbauer said those were compatible with the latest round of the Norbaforce. That board has an MX stem already installed, so you can use any caps on it. Otherwise you will want to harvest either a Novatouch for the sliders or get some other 3rd party sliders somewhere, although I’ve read the quality is pretty lacking compared to Novatouch sliders.

The RGB is compatible with the Mark II, but @MightyJabba got a Mark I, which came out before the R2 Realforces, so he would need to go the slider-swapping route.

Got SA Arcane for my Wife’s board. Need to get a normal ANSI layout PCB so I don’t have to use some of my SA Ice Caps keys to compensate :sweat_smile:
https://imgur.com/a/MXCrsut

3 Likes

They are epic boards!

Anyone curious about an HBCP build should check out @jshuf’s build for a cool build log of the HBCP.

My personal plans? Probably going to go with lubed inks in a FR4 half plate. Trying it mostly because I haven’t seen anyone else try it so :crossed_fingers:it’s good. Worse case scenario I just desolder and rebuild it up with the brass plate which seems tried and true for everyone else.

No clue what keycaps I’m going to rock on the board yet tho :grimacing:

2 Likes

FWIW, I really like tealios in FR4 - I imagine the inks should feel nice as well.

1 Like

Got my SA Laser kits (aside from Gaijin). I think they look pretty good! I will probably be rearranging all of this when Gaijin and the Laser ALT come in, but for now here it is on my DZ60 in a magenta Tofu case with Tealios switches.

6 Likes

OMG I didn’t know it already shipped! Awesome!

Klippe case

7 Likes

God, that looks so much better IRL than in the renders.

1 Like

Got in silent alpacas from @holtenc today
First impressions are fairly good. They seem less “solid” than silent inks if that makes any sense but they seem quieter and I’m excited to hear how they perform once lubed.

7 Likes

Been on the fence between inks and alpacas. Will be looking forward for a review/comparison to help me choose.

1 Like

At last my EqualZ stabilizers ordered at iLumkb arrived!
I ordered there in order to have versions that can populate a full size keyboard.
These are beautiful.

3 Likes

Yeah the colors are a nice touch & IMO/E they are just as good as pre tooled GMK screw ins. Some people have said they don’t like these, but I can’t figure out why. The set I’ve been using pretty much daily for the past month has performed great for me?

1 Like

I think they are just the slightest bit wider than other stabs, I was putting together my satisfaction75 the other night, which had a really tight plate (the switches went in very tightly) and I wanted to put the orange stabs to match orange switches, but they didn’t fit into the cutouts in the plate, while the zeal stabs I had just barely did.

2 Likes

I’m not used to cherry stabs at all (having Costars on all my keyboards).
But having looked at my recently purchased GMK stabs these C3 seems to have tighter torerances, that is less play between the stem and the base.
So maybe on some warped PBT space keycaps this would add unwanted friction ?

1 Like

Good to know that, even if filing them a bit could solve the problem.
I’ll make some measurements before making a plate manufactured, just to be on the safe side and not waste money :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah, filing them would probably be fine, I didn’t have one on hand at the time. It’s something I’m definitely going to look into.

Black Ink v2 and purple stabs. I can attest that the contact leaf does not jump out of the switch. Less entertaining but should be more consistent.

5 Likes