What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

I am starting to post impressions in the Boba thread:

5 Likes

Upgraded my tools. Switch opener hopefully not far behind.

7 Likes

Today I finally got two packages that I have waited for way to long from the day they shipped.

(25 days from USA to Sweden and 15 days more to me👎)

(Denmark to Sweden 5 days and 10 days more to me)
It’s kind of sad&funny that a package that would take me ~3h to drive and collect myself can take 15 days to deliver while a package from Malaysia takes 4days. :roll_eyes:

Anyway, now I got 3/8 parts for my “theme build” that should be done in early October if all goes well. :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Nothing fancy - just some BOXes to round out the collection. :white_large_square: :brown_square:

I’ve also been curious about experimenting with these in terms of lube, springs, films, etc. and I’m glad to finally have the chance.

3 Likes

Is that just power on off or is it also a surge protector?

PSA:
Don’t Daisy Chain Multiple Surge Protectors
Illustration for article titled How to Choose, Buy, and Safely Use a Good Surge Protector
Odds are you’ve daisy chained, or plugged a power strip into another power strip or surge protector, when you were desperate for more outlets. It’s tempting, and it’s easy, but it’s also dangerous. Charles explains:

As far as daisy chaining surge protectors, it doesn’t work. The first strip will trip if a second is plugged into it and used. In theory power strips can be daisy chained since they lack surge protection, however I would severely advise against it.

Remember in “A Christmas Story,” when they had all those cords plugged in at once and it blew a fuse? Yeah, it’s kind of like that except that overloading the circuit can create the source of ignition for an electrical fire.

So resist the urge to daisy chain your power strips, or plug a bunch of power strips into a surge protector. It may be tempting, and you may look at it from a “eh, it can’t hurt if I just do it once” perspective, but whenever you do it you’re taking a risk that you need to be clear-headed about when you do it. Frankly, we think it’s not worth it when you can buy a surge protector with more ports—or another surge protector you can put next to your existing one—for a couple of dollars.
Source

1 Like

Noico 80 vs no Noico 80 (Butyl Sound Deadening)

2 Likes

technically yesterday but i got my first topre board, the fc660c 45g silenced. it feels like a stiffer version of mx silent reds, with a catch at the beginning of the keypress. this is my third 660 layout board and i’ve found a form factor i’m happy with; it just is a PITA to shop keycaps for with the odd right shift size.

2 Likes

I got some of the TX 16mm springs. I like them a lot. They feel slightly heavier then their same weighted counter part springs (in 14mm). The best thing is that they keep their force further up in the switch. So you feel them pressing back on your finger more than you would with traditional springs.

6 Likes

Ive been swamped with work the past couple weeks so I haven’t posted pics of my deliveries. But I’ve gotten a few things in. I’ll post what I got today, and catch up on a few other things.

Today:

• 2 DZ60 PCBs, one hotswap (finally - so I can play with switches), one not.
  • 1 brass plate for these

In the past couple weeks:

• MT3 Godspeed! Been wanting this for a while
  • A set of Tangies to try
  • Small Zeal switch sampler set
  • Tofu60 case - that parts that came today are for this.
  • Solder supplies (next week its happening!)
7 Likes

Hmm these may help greatly with my modding of boba housings with no slot pearl white tops! Gonna have to cope a few packs sooner than later. :thinking:

2 Likes

I ordered another set of lighter 16mm for a more direct comparison. Want to make sure the snappiness at the top is not simply a result of a heavier spring. but I do like them

2 Likes

I didn’t photograph it [still in BOX] but I got a lot of the BOX Browns from Novelkeys as well. For an upcoming budget build.

I heard that some people are actually lubing their BOX Browns with 205g0. I think somebody might have described it here:

I’d be interested to hear the results of that!

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure these are epbt doubleshots, infinikey makes exclusively dyesub pbt sets afaik. I agree it’s a good set for the price though, using it right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you, fixed it. they are great caps though!

1 Like

Agree Tai Hao Cubic is underrated.

Got me a cute spoopcap from bgnuthun

3 Likes

My (blank) PCBs and Plates have arrived.

lets hope that I, yes I, do not make any mistake.

it’s 60% PCB that support 4 bottom-row modifiers on the left side.

5 Likes

Have a good soldering !

1 Like

For my Quefrency rev2 build :+1:

8 Likes

These new 16mm TX springs sound like they might be better candidates for some people using 55 gr and trying to make 45 gr work in a Boba housing. [If such weights become available.]

1 Like