What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Oh, I have that on the way too ! How do you like it ?

1 Like

I did not get anything in the mail today :slight_smile:

6 Likes

the real tragedy, I think Novelkeys still has some silks in stock… or stabs… or lube… or you could buy a sat75 off mechmarket if you really want a dopamine hit. I think I’m going to go check my mailbox

2 Likes

So far, after using it for a day, I have to say it’s great for doomscrolling Twitter and generally browsing the web, e-mails or documentation, but for any CAD work or playing computer games you want to keep your mouse nearby. Trackball is simply not precise and fast enough, at least at my level of skill with it.

3 Likes

Got my prime day deal from Asceny

5 Likes

Kailh Polia switches

I’m excited to try these - but disconcertingly, only 1/7 of the ten-packs I ordered came today - fingers crossed for the rest. Once I get my hands on those I’ll install them in a board and relate the typing experience.

First in-hand impressions are interesting. It reminds me of a more refined Halo in that I think the way it’s weighted would be helpful for someone who wants to avoid bottoming-out.

I wouldn’t say this switch is in it’s own category outside of “tactile” like Kailh implies in their marketing - but I would say that this style of tactility needs a name if it doesn’t already have one.

That is, a top-bump that drops-off into a cushion of rising spring weight. It’s as if the force has a “valley” in the middle where the actuation happens. I like it.

4 Likes

Cool. @mgsickler said he was stocking these soon.

1 Like

Got me onea these

7 Likes

I’m not sure what kind of CAD you do, but I do mostly EE CAD (schematic, a bit of layout, spice, etc) and it was a bit of a learning curve but I think I’m pretty proficient with my trackball now for those. Games are still a regular mouse though. I use trackball at work and mouse at home pretty much these days.

3 Likes

Got my NK65 entry edition, frosted. (With a nice case included!) trying to decide which of my new switches to try on it.

4 Likes

what are your options?

1 Like

These + glorious pandas, [all of] which arrived earlier this week.

I think I’ve decided on the ink blacks. In hand, they feel amazing.

5 Likes

preemptive post for 4 weeks from now

3 Likes

solid choice, I’ve heard the sound profile on them with some lube and a film is exquisite

3 Likes

Sometimes it be like that, apparently…

I’ve had some TTC Gold Brown V3’s in “processing” for over six weeks now from Banggood. They were sold as in-stock, but a month after purchase, I got an email that they were out of stock and they’d ship as soon as they got more. Since then, they have pushed back the ship date by two weeks twice.

I also got some switches yesterday from AliExpress - I’d ordered and paid for 70 but only got 10. “Your package was delivered!” Eh, sort of? : p

2 Likes

They are ok, I still like Gateron more but that’s just my preference :slight_smile:

1 Like

PCBs!

12 Likes

Soon…
Also, there are some people on r/mm that haven’t realized ePBT x GOK BoW is still in stock, would’ve sucked to get scammed like that.

3 Likes

E-white No2

15 Likes

That space bar :eyes:

1 Like