What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Infinikey Islander looking surprisingly crisp.

17 Likes

Long springs (16mm) from TX Keyboard’s US store.

8 Likes

Not a keeb product, but I felt these were sharable.

Intuition V2 liners for my inline skates!

11 Likes

The Keychron K1 keycaps and a PCB for yet another low-profile ergonomic keeb.

5 Likes

I do love those “top-hat” style Apple II caps. I’d love to see a modern interpretation of those, or a new board with a slightly different layout built with the old caps.

1 Like

Mail day! Silicone mold kit and weights for a case, idea was from this post: Poured and custom fit silicone dampener.

9 Likes

Vulkan x KBDfans Maja. Its the blue anodized finish but under warmer lighting it can look a little green (its proven hard to color correct for…). I would say its more of a blue grey if anything. Brass plate and bottom weight. The finish on the brass is different… Like a bead blasted texture but very smooth to the touch.

Using lubed T1s, the typing feel is rigid with no damping to the tactility. Its a top mount plate with pre cut plate foam, using standoffs installed on the PCB to align the foam and sandwich the plate and PCB (very similar to the U80-A). There is also a bottom neoprene/foam layer with cutouts for the hotswap sockets.

Once its all assembled and the screws are tightened down, the bottom housing actually compresses against the bottom foam layer, squeezing everything together. This means there is little to no flex to be found here.

Sound is good, no hollowness or pinging. The heft from the case and a very small interior cavity no doubt helps.

14 Likes

oooooh that looks really nice! +1 for my favorite keyset

2 Likes

Love it. Great combo

2 Likes

A couple extra TS100 tips, one for Holtite / Milmax sockets and one for very wee things - and some Testor’s Liquid Cement for some experimenting with jailhouse blues.

Edit: you can install Milmax sockets with a similar method to Holtites, using the iron directly - however there is a much higher risk of damaging pads with them vs the Holtites if the board is de-soldered. Guess how I know. :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

My new P3D Keebio Sinc case just arrived. I’ll be building this up with with Silent Gat Ink’s (68g Boba springs – #reuseRecycle) and for the first go around, GMK Metropolis.

9 Likes

Kailh Choc V2, gonna do science to them.

10 Likes

2 Drop WoB sets. % is flawed on the first set. :frowning:

6 Likes

I kind of like the flawed % actually. I wonder if in years to come it’ll be a rare sought-after item, like how misprinted stamps fetch thousands at auction now!

2 Likes

PBT Muted spacebars from KPRepublic:

I think they may go with Artifact Bloom “Vintage” keycaps.

They seem to match the ABKO K935P.

10 Likes

That’s not a percent sign, it’s mathematician’s Yin Yang.

4 Likes

I kind of like the % more that way

2 Likes

That Hangul sub-legend layout looks wrong. ㅅ is the base letter and ㅆ is its emphasized version equivalent to uppercase and requiring shift modifier or double-press to type. I’d think the correct order should be ㅅㅆ, not ㅆㅅ. Bizarre.

4 Likes

I got something I nearly forgot about today, I guess it got caught up in customs. Just one slight problem.

I could :b: wrong but I’m pretty sure I ordered an R4 cap.

8 Likes

If it helps, I’m not sure that the keyboard is 100% made in Korea. I think it uses Chinese domes, and possibly keycaps.

1 Like