What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Tokyo60 V4 from Dorp.

8 Likes

Why all the references to Dorp instead of Drop?

1 Like

Because they dorp things up a lot of the time. Seriously though, the way they do business and interact with the mech keyboard community can be really shady. I don’t have all the context. I’m new. I’ve personally never had a problem I couldn’t resolve by contacting their support, but I know it’s cool to hate on them.

5 Likes

Ah, gotcha, I’m probably even more new, so I didn’t know the origin. I guess I’ve been lucky with my mt3 keycap purchases from them.

1 Like

A literal drawer full of stuff showed up today. For whatever reason USPS was just really backlogged the last couple of weeks and stuff was barely moving.

6 Likes

What a cornucopia!

@xli92149 @patcoll also, I still have a few random DORP stickers left-over from the give-away a while back if you guys want one.

3 Likes

Haha yeah! Love it.

Ditto!

They used to be called massdrop, definitely not the worst thing they ever did, but definitely the most legendary IMO: they sent out an email where the first word in the title was supposed to be massdrop but instead it said “assdrop”

5 Likes

Finally received my Ketch PCB to complete my minivan after many hours of waiting, this thing sounds and looks like a dream with these vintage blacks, unfortunately my 6.25 stabalizer didnt fit the pcb so I went with split space instead, all the better, as Im already used to it

16 Likes

Snow Whites are not leathery IME I haven’t compared them to L+F creams, but they definitely feel a lot smoother than creams stock.

3 Likes

Finally! My first premium keycaps set! Very excited.

Preliminary test exhibited a deeper, thoccier sound than what I have so far (OEM, Cherry, Tex profile).

Now I need a premium case to go with it :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

Finally got some blue inks in. I’ve been wanting to try them since they were announced and finally ordered some. They’re alright. I’m a bit underwhelmed, but I think I’m just all the way in on thick click switches at this point.

5 Likes

Seems to be the case with most people that have tried clickbar switches, me included. They’re just better in every way in my opinion.

2 Likes

Stock blue inks might be as far as you can take a click jacket, which isn’t very far IMO.

The housings are fantastic for tactile frankenswitching, though - one of my favorite places to put a Halo stem.

3 Likes

Let me clarify, STOCK Snow Whites are similar to L+F creams but the SW’s are much smoother lubed.

3 Likes

I’m also fairly new here, but to better understand relationship of this forum and Drop Dorp, you probably want to read this.

4 Likes

There is also this classic archive. http://www.massdrama.com/

Although I will say that I don’t think Drop is as bad as it was in the past anymore. However I will also state that I have “aged-out” of shopping on Drop so I don’t have as many experiences with them as I used too.

6 Likes

The Dorp references came from a typo I made in a post sometime back and many decided it was a more suitable name for the company.

4 Likes

Now here is something a little different. I took a chance on ordering a NOS KB that was never taken out of its original packaging from ebay. I knew it was mechanical cause it said so on the box & was figuring it would be a Chicony board from the case style, but I had no way of knowing what switches would be in it. I was hoping for SKCM whites or at the far end of pipe dreams SKCM blues. Instead it ended up having Aristotle clickies in it! Probably gonna keep this one all together, but it is definitely cool having a board full of NOS Aristotles!

15 Likes