What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Too bad I can’t stand shortened key travel. Might enjoy Gazzew if the bottom pads twisted on impact like stepping on gummy bear.

2 Likes

I’d say, but everyone beat me to it :joy_cat: someone mentioned Topre; obviously these non-silenced variants don’t have the soft bottom out, but I’d agree that the tactility is comparable. I got the 62 g version and it’s plenty heavy.

I got them to finish off my old minivan once I get my getaway van pcb, but now I just might have to buy more for one of my everyday use, ortho boards.

2 Likes

12 Likes

wait. that was fast. didn’t that just finish group buy?! or is that R1?..
Nice packaging for sure… Feeling a tinge of FOMO now. But I’ll survive xD

This one is a review unit they sent out! I believe the group buy boards will be shipping in the coming months :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Got these Tecsee PME Purple Pandas in the mail yesterday:

The Good

• Cute
  • Pretty affordable
  • Nice low, muted bottom-out and return sounds, even at faster speeds
  • Low stem wobble
  • Great housing fitment, no play even after opening multiple times
  • Big round P-shaped bump with no pretravel

The Bad

• Really loud leaf ping stock
  • Seriously I have filmed them (Deskeys films), lubed the springs, lubed the legs, even carefully dabbed a bit of 3203 in the leaf (I don’t have a syringe to inject 205), and the ping, while much more manageable, is still present. Perhaps not to the point where it would be noticeable in a board unless you’re sensitive to ping, but it’s definitely there.

More photos here

EDIT: I’ve been told that a dab of 205 behind the leaf almost completely eliminates the ping. These seem enormously promising.

8 Likes

Great detail photos! I hadn’t even heard of these. Looking at the tops, I wonder if they might fit on Boba bottoms.

1 Like

Yeah they sort of just popped out of nowhere half a week ago and I bought them immediately because I have a problem for my collection.

5 Likes

I’ve wondered about that for dragonfruit switches too. But what if the 205 oil separates and it slides off the leaf in a few months? Dunno

Blu Tack Time then?

1 Like

In nerdiest voice possibe: “mmm, yes, I see… and which tool are you using to apply the blu tack to the contact leaves on your mx switches.” Pushes glasses up on nose.

a tiny 3D printed spatula? :crazy_face:

Spatula City

8 Likes

When I was a kid we got spatulas for gifts on multiple Christmases. Thanks UHF…

All right then. March 28th is Spatula Day henceforth.

1 Like

Finally got the replacement layer for my Gray Studios lube station in today! It works perfectly now, no more switches popping out of it or not being able to close switches on the station. Then while not in the mail, but still something I got today. I got the supplies I needed to paint that Cherry G80-1000 case I have. I decided to go with a medium gray color (Smoke Grey is the color name) to try to emulate the look of OG NCR G80 cases. I also grabbed primer, a satin clear coat, scuff pads, & ultra fine sandpaper. I want this paint job to hold up so I’m doing all the proper steps for painting plastic on it. Can’t wait to see how it turns out, gonna have to wait till wed. to start on it though as I have to help my buddy finish up a job tomorrow.

6 Likes

Follow up to this… Got it all built! Super happy with how it came out and the friend loves it, but noticed a few things I could do better next time. Already made those changes and have a similar case for ut47 on the way.

12 Likes

This gives me a very spongebobby kinda theme. I like it.

2 Likes

nothing will beat cheeseboard

2 Likes

Gazzew U4Ts came yesterday… took until now to collect myself and come up with this to say: holy shit.

5 Likes