What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

They’re on Drop (GB-ish, not in stock)

1 Like

here comes dat boi!

o shit whaddup

15 Likes

Impressions please!

1 Like

2 Likes

Which switch is that?

MOMOKA Frogs - A slow-curve linear with a shrouded stem for stability. Detailed first impressions later tonight! Currently putting them through their paces on my NK65.

Dat_boi

5 Likes

kermit

3 Likes

Here there are!

3 Likes

Got some cheap XDA keycaps from Amazon for my Zlant build.

8 Likes

Came in this week:

Durok V2 stabs
Holtite sockets
U4t switches

8 Likes

I don’t have the usual litany of photos (and these came yesterday), but I got some Bushi in from DeskHero:

Initial impressions:

• Nice, sharper (not Zealios’ sharpness) high short bump; very much a silenced T1
  • Fairly low stem wobble
  • Housing fitment is good initially but there is significant play after opening. Filming helps clean that up almost entirely.
  • Really impressive silencing without mushiness. Seriously, if I hold a lubed and filmed one at arm’s length it is almost silent. EXCEPT…
  • Slight leaf sound that is mostly noticeable due to the impressive silencing. Filming does not completely help mitigate this.

Overall I think they’re a really impressive silenced tactile, but I’d love to see a version of this that got to explore JWK’s nonstandard housing materials; I think a full-nylon or POM version of this switch could be really nice (and very competitive with U4s as an alternative to their longer rounder tactility), especially if JWK could get its leaf sounds under control.

13 Likes

90 x Black Housing KS-3 Gateron Yellows for like $.18 each. I only bought them because cheap, dunno what I’ll do with them.

8 Likes

Where from?

1 Like

I got some blue and purple deskey domes for my FC660c. Tried the blues out for today. Very light, but I think I like them. We’ll see. Giving them a few days before I try the purple.

5 Likes

U harvest the springs and put it in your favorite switch of course. :yum:

Second hand 3D-printed minivan and DSA Paperwork came in today. It was meant to be.

11 Likes

Those have to be some of the coolest mods, ever.

2 Likes

Got a couple of things today/this week for some upcoming builds! Bought from a couple of different places due to availability.

Durock v2 stabs and spacebar foam from Divinikey:

Lube and stabilizer foam (complimentary sour patch candy):

Boba silent linear switches from u/hbheroinbob (gonna have to find a special spot for that pink one!):

7 Likes

I love when vendors do that. “If you like these, you’re gonna like those.” Yup.

3 Likes

Actually just ordered this, so probably won’t have it till the end of next. Although I am so excited with the purchase I had to tell you guys & figured this would be the place to do so. Was e-bay searching for vintage KBS & came across this bad boy.

A NOS Cherry G80-1800HEU with Cherry Clears in it & OG doubleshot I believe! According to the seller the board has only been out of the box to take pictured & from the looks of it they are telling the truth. Cost me $237 total after shipping & taxes, but for a NOS board like this I think it was money well spent!

17 Likes