What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

I’m putting everything into excel right now and decided I’m just not going to add a total column :woozy_face:

4 Likes

Actually yesterday not today (I felt terrible after work yesterday), but I got my 110 pack of black Boba U4Ts in! Goddamn these things are tactile too! Not that I am very into super tactile switches anymore, but IMO these make a much better Holy Panda type switch than HPs themselves! A worthy successor if you’ve gotten sick of how cheap the Dorp/Invyr HPs are or having to buy Yoks & Halos. Not 100% sure what I’ll be doing with these yet, but I do got those white Bobba top & bottoms that I haven’t used still. Gonna make some ying yang U4Ts in a little bit LOL!

Edit:

Yin Yang Bobas! :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

It’s simple. One column holds how much your organs are worth on the black market, the second holds the cost of the keyboard parts.

3 Likes

Maybe I should get this liver ready for resale while it still has value.

1 Like

Holy moley!!! Where did you get that module? I’m looking for the same module, but the only replacement modules I find are version V07. What’s the pinout of that one, by the way?

Neglected keyboards for a while but this came in today:

The lumberjack! Exciting. Something new to build and test. :nerd_face:

Thanks @peejeh!

13 Likes

It is a very nice project.
Good soldering :wink:

Oooo, that means mine should be here soon too then!

got some more P4kcr3 prototypes in!

one for me

some for some friends.

10 Likes

Awesome! Have fun, I look forward to seeing the results.

Ooo, what’s going on here? Those are some interesting standoffs.

1 Like

Those bars in the middle are supports added by the manufacturer to prevent warping in shipping, the white units are SLA printed in resin, a cheap and pretty way to test out a few things before my final IC :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

we are friends right? :smirk:

3 Likes

anyone with 4 rows is a friend to me :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: reach out on discord, these were pretty cheap to make, I’m down to run another for ya, lead time is like a week too.

3 Likes

Thats nice of u! But im on the ortho side of the forth row. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

When I complained to support@drevo.net they sent it to me, after requesting a photo of the connector to show it was defective. When it broke again, I bought a replacement at the following link (and no I am not making up that description, haha):

https://www.armyourdesk.com/collections/best-seller/products/calibur-keyboard-usb-port-with-little-pcb-board

I’ve only been a couple of months on the Ortho && 40% train, but I like seeing more boards without the number row. I’ve adopted to layer switching for the number row quite quickly. Other combos still take lots of practice to unlearn muscle memory.

Happy time building those.

1 Like

Taro cable:

5 Likes

I’m so angry at myself that I realised this was running too late, enjoy the build!

Mine came in too! Working on putting in mill max sockets rn. I’m amazed that I was able to assemble it correctly! Thank you very much :slight_smile:

1 Like