What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

I actually have stashes of quite a few switches from when they first came out & thier molds were fresh. I figure buy them while the getting is good, then always have good switches for when I get new boards.

4 Likes

What’s this, a bunch of purple Bobas?

9 Likes

zealios v1 Redux?

3 Likes

Whats the consensus? There is a Black Friday deal going on if they are the Zeals :eyes:

1 Like

I have them in my cart, waiting on an answer… Ha

2 Likes

Yes, these are Zealio V1 Redux. I received amounts in 62 and 67 G.

I just wrote up some initial impressions after 15 minutes of testing:

5 Likes

Finally built the dark gray Meridian the other day. Got some GMK WoB in from Amazon yesterday. $70 out of my pocket! (after a giftcard + Amazon credit that they issued me for one of their mistakes) Pleased with it. Looks to be a nice match.

Also got this Xbox One controller off of hardwareswap for $30. Really dig the color + not being able to need a dongle/cable anymore to connect a controller to my PC.

8 Likes

Tell me about it.

I just learned of something called CAP V2 Crystal Tactile switches, and they’re already OOS:

I bet those were very fresh molds. So I feel kinda bad missing out on that.

Gateron CAP is pretty cheap, and often pretty good. I have both CAP Browns: milky and golden. I hope they are V2 - they came in the ‘animal bag.’ My Golden Browns are hand-lubed in the leaf area to reduce ping and noise.

It’s hard to imagine a factory Gateron CAP Brown being much better than the ones I already have, but it would be nice to know.

3 Likes

Ya, I’m curious about those, too. I’d never even heard of thockpop until I found their store searching for PTFE tape, and that’s where I first heard about the CAP Crystals. They generally have a good selection of tuning supplies.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for this one.

GMK Prepress

Love the gray.

I pretty much went all-in on this one, except maybe for ortho if there was one.

I was already looking for a printing themed keyset when the IC popped up for this one, so I’m pretty stoked to have my hands on these. My day job is literally prepress, so I don’t think I could ask for a more suitable set of caps for my work keebs.

There’s the one at my desk - and there’s also the terminal station for the new machine… the keyboard tray faces the entrance to the room, and I feel like pretty much everyone there will get a kick out of seeing a bright CMYK keyboard on it the first time they walk in.

18 Likes

That’s so good!!! Pressing Enter has never been more satisfying. (Approved :+1:)

2 Likes

70x tealios 63.5g. Easing into linear got me deep into linear

9 Likes

Got 2 full setups (One with NK Creams & purple NK/Durock stabs, one with Durock Cobalt POMs & smokey PrimeKB/Durock stabs) & an extra plate in for my Meridian from @mwb today! Definitely glad I was able to grab these as I was planning on getting a few more plates & PCBs for it anyways, this saved me a few bucks for sure!

Not sure what I’ll be doing with them yet. Gonna desolder the switches so I can clean those & the stabs off to lube my way (nothing really wrong with these I’m just a snob about how my switches & stabs feel). Then I’m thinking one will get Gat Pro Yellows & the other Gat Xs when I get my batch of those so I do a head to head comparison of them.

9 Likes

Some tuning supplies from thockpop:

• syringes
  • switch pads
  • fiberglass PTFE-coated adhesive tape
  • thin PTFE tape (no adhesive)
  • burger buns (wee silicone o-rings)
  • some 105
  • a dope sticker
  • and a cute poem

All those lubed switches over the years and this is actually my first vial of 105 on its own.

I like the periodic table look Newman’s labels have.

8 Likes

Monster mail day today - some stuff I ordered last week, some last year:

• Aesop Rock’s Float, Appleseed, and Labor Days on vinyl

• 2x Magicforce bluetooth numpads; one for a client and one for me

• TTC Wilds

• Midnight Jades (BOX Jade recolor)

• Kailh Speed Navies

• Kailh Pro Light Greens

• Clicky Big Switch

• GMK Mecha (!)

• a cool sticker

• and a Gator Ron enamel pin

It’s basically [ insert your traditional gift-giving holiday ] for me up in here.

15 Likes

Now THAT is a haul!

Here’s my little bit, Invokeys with the supremely fast shipping.

The little containers are cool too because there’s a secondary, friction fit lid inside keeping things nice and airtight.

5 Likes

I’m curious to hear your thoughts on the Kailh Pro Light Greens in terms of how they compare to the Speed Navies.

1 Like

I’ll be trying them in a board soon, but I bought them mainly out of curiosity about whether they were jacket or bar-based clickies. I couldn’t find a definitive answer easily, so I figured what the heck I’ll document it at some point so the next person will know.

Kailh Pro Light Greens use click jackets, and the Navies use bars.

The Navies are also heavy af @ 100g peak force and 100G bottom-out. The PLGs are more in the realm of normal, and do seem pretty solid for a jacket switch at first glance. I’m glad to have an example of Kailh click jacket switches to compare with the other mfr’s switches.

I have some Speed Navies in a board, I like them in terms of weight but the actuation travel is a little short for my liking so I figured something like the Pro Light Greens with a a .5mm lower actuation point might be more suitable for my typing style even if I would have to spring swap them. I was operating under the assumption too that the Pro Light Greens were a clickbar switch, thank you for mentioning that they’re a click jacket. Would be interesting to see how they jail-mod.

1 Like

Reminds me a little bit of my NEATO Latin concept keyboard

4 Likes