What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

GMK MODO r2 from Omnitype.

The accent keys are more teal then the photo. I like it, basic but versatile.
(I may have to try and get extras of spacebar and addition when extras are up).

12 Likes

Lol yeah they are. They are in a glass jar and I’m actually having a hard time deciding on whether to put them in a keyboard or just keep them on display.

Here’s an extremely yellow Gateron Cap to compliment the Launch Creams.

5 Likes

I received my cervello, a 40% keyboard sold by P3Dstore in group buy recently, really pleased with the project, and the built came out great, I’ve been loving the sound of Jake’s IMA (impact modified acrylic) recently, and the bright colors help accent the built perfectly!

11 Likes

plop labs ramen slurp deskmat, really hyped on this one since i sadly missed the future funk one. hopefully i can get that some day. and hoping for kiibu otaku deskmats to go out of IC. also got 4 of those big ajazz switches. still missing the kiwi and the lychee.

12 Likes

I got a pair of battery-powered keyboards in today! A white HHKB and Nuphy’s TES68 variant that @harrynu was advertising a few months ago.

Y’all have seen pics of the 25th anniversary HHKBs already so I’m just going to focus on the tester. I got the translucent yellow version to go with GMK Terminal and I was pleasantly surprised to see that the plastic actually has a rather green tint.

I’ll need to put quite a bit of work into making this thing sound decent (and I have to go and dig through my keycaps again since apparently I can’t remap it for my preferred layout) but I’m absolutely blown away by how good it looks considering it was less than $40 shipped.

11 Likes

where did you get those big switches owo

1 Like

When your keycaps cost 4x as much as the board!

Looks great. Mine arrived yesterday, but I’ve had no time to play with it.

1 Like

i got them from there, but it’s a random chance as to what color you will get. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003591410757.html

2 Likes

Got my CU7 and this sleeve in the mail today, probably gonna sell the CU7.

10 Likes

Neat! I couldn’t tell from the product page are they functional switches? ( like the novel key ones)

Il mio piccolo cervello

I don’t have any switches for it yet but I’m hyped for this build.

6 Likes

i’m not sure. they seem to be optical switches rather than traditional mechanical switches, but i assume that they’d work in an optical board. they do have a slit in the stem pole hole thing that gets blocked by pressing the switch.

Spun the wheel on the Novel Keys mystery switch sale and landed on Gateron Ink Kangaroos! First impression is that they’re quite nice, particularly so at $0.15/switch.

7 Likes

Where’s that sleeve from?

Heavy-9

22 Likes

What could this be?

5 Likes

16 Likes

Gazzew Boba LT switches from 3DKeebs - thought it might be fun to compare these with the *nixdorks.

10 Likes

I feel like we should finally make an LT thread, or add it to Easing into Linears. Because these are really great switches once they’re tuned, and from what I gather, not many people (even streamers) have tried them yet (though lots of people do have them in hand).

1 Like