What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Somebody get Yusha Kobo on the line to whisper: capsule toy machines for a switch gacha

4 Likes

Won some free clip-in stabs, no dog bowls this time.
Seems similar to GMK? maybe copied molds as they have similar injection marks and shape? I havn’t used them but from putting them together dry they seem to have minimal play, not much worse than my Everglide V1 or KBDFans PC stabs.

I’m going to use those in a future project for sure.

8 Likes

Finally got the first CNC prototype in for a new board I’ve been working on, super pleased with how it came out, as this was my first time with this specific manufacturer, they did a great job on the ano and surface finish, and my design is no slouch either!

27 Likes

woah nice! i like the grayscale to dark red gradient on the top key row!

8 Likes

Thanks, those keys are from a GMK color ring, (all the stock colors GMK offers) I’ve always been fond of people coming up with gradients with them, I’m happy to finally have my own to play around with.

1 Like

SP-Star Magic Girl. 90 pcs. Unfortunately 25 of them had a different batch number.
The one with LMC7/21 tend to have much less ping noise but are more scratchy. The other 2x 25 packs have the batch (or lot?) number LM0721 and feel+sound smoother but tend to sound much more pingy when they are pressed.
15 in an additional mixed bag to fill the 90 for my future kawaii build.

7 Likes

Logitech MX Ergo came in the mail today. Enjoying the getting used to it

11 Likes

Pretty cool design! What is the angle on the keys, seems a lot more aggressive than the regular Alice tilt. I’ve found the Meridian which has a less aggressive tilt pretty comfy to use, but seeing your proto got me wondering how a more aggressive angle would feel? Anyways very cool project, GL with it going forward!

1 Like

Thanks, each half of the alpha cluster is angled 15 degees inwards, and I find it super comfortable. Its definitely aggressive, and I wouldn’t push beyond 15, but I find with the board a little closer to me than usual, my arms sit at a very natural position.

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking even though it looks aggressive it’s actually closer to the natural angle of our hands than the OG Alice or Meridian tilt. I think I am so comfortable with the Meridian just because it’s closer to normal non tilted layout & it allows me to switch between the two pretty effortlessly. Although I could definitely see something like your board being super comfortable for long typing sessions. Any plans on running the board or is it a one off for personal use? I’d be pretty interested if you decided to run a batch of these!

1 Like

It will run soon hopefully, I’m seeing if I can get it picked up by a vendor, if not, I’ll run it on my own site before Q2 ends.

1 Like

I got my 100g Wuque springs. Putting them into white jade switches to see how they feel.

7 Likes

The Baldr60 arrived today. Not a scuff or scratch anywhere. Impressive.

In direct sunlight, the low-iron nature of the glass gives off this blue shade.

The Thank You card. This sort of attention to detail is just epic.

33 Likes

RE: KTT / Akko stems in Boba housings; I tried a Lavender Purple stem in a pearly Boba housing with both the pearly top and the no-slot clear top, and both worked - but with the no-slot top it did seem like any lighter of a spring would make for return issues. Less so with the pearl top - but I still think it’s a combo that needs a pretty strong spring to feel right.

As far as I can tell the Ocean Blue (not Jelly Blue) and Lavender Purple stems are identical save for the color. The LP’s spring is stronger, and that’s what I used in the Boba franken; it seems just strong enough.

3 Likes

Got my NK65 Oblivion today. It’s not nearly as grey as i thought it would be, it’s almost dark enough to be black. Not sure what to do with it. Maybe i will just salvage the switches and stabs and sell the rest. It’s actually pretty nice to type on and sounds pretty decent. Here a comparison of the colors. the Case was supposed to be color matched with the Switches.

5 Likes

Wow. That looks amazing.
How are the edges on that? Are the smooth or sharp?

1 Like

That’s brilliant for display piece!

For all the switches u don’t have enough to fill a keeb goes down the gumball machine :yum:

Like a chalky smooth. There’s zero “sharpness” to it but it for sure has an edge.

1 Like

Springs I’ve won have arrived today, I’ve been told they would be 62g but alas, they’re 35g.
Anyone have an interesting idea what to do with 35g springs cosidering I prefer 60g-65g springs?

4 Likes