What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

No prob! So many people have no idea these projects exist, so I try to share them even if they’re a tad off topic lol. Glad it helped you out.

3 Likes

I threw the link up in my work Teams chat and there’s now a unanimous and very spirited push to get it on the approved hardware list – like yesterday. Lol. Thanks again.

2 Likes

That combo looks incredible. May I ask what vendor you went through for CRP R4?

Yeah, this is pretty close to my experience with Gateron CAP Browns.

Factory lube is decent, not like hand-lubed, though. They’re ready-to-go out of the box, plug-and-play as you say. But they slam down pretty hard at the bottom.

So they haven’t really been able to replace regular Browns, for me.

• NK_ Charcoal
  • Some CAP Golden Yellows
  • Ferrari sticker (Tecsee Bolsa Corsas)
  • Matrix code sticker (TTC Matrix-01 Tactiles)
  • Starry Night sticker (Tecsee Blue Sky Stars)
11 Likes

Need a review on those NK_Charcoal

4 Likes

Forgot one of the stickers.

10 Likes

Oh hell yes! Didn’t even know this was in the mail, awesome surprise at the end of a long work day. I got the base & extension kit, well worth the wait for that R5 goodness! @LightningXI Thanks for running this, I’m super hyped to get this on some boards!

Edit: Threw it on my Meridian, such a classic set!

21 Likes

TBH I got Drop’s email about r4 first somehow, so that’s where I ended up ordering.

So, someone posted about Yong Qui keycaps on another thread. I hadn’t heard of them, but got curious as I looked at the store. So, I ordered a couple sets: WoB and BoW, seeing as no one should claim that they are copying GMK or anyone else. :wink:

They are about 1.48mm thick, double shot PBT. I note that the interior shot is a lot thinner than the exterior shot of the plastic:

And looking over the legends, they are clean and properly printed and aligned. I’ve had $80 sets from places like KBDFans that haven’t been as nicely aligned (like this example):

I can’t comment on the feel and sound of Yong Qui sets yet (beyond they feel good in my hand / fingers) as I haven’t put them in a build yet. I’ll use them as soon as I decide which switches to use in my next build (I have three sets of tactile switches I want to test and I’m really torn about which to try…)

9 Likes

Got this in the mail the other day but forgot to post.

Skippy from Anomaly Caps.

11 Likes

I got my PBTFans Spark set today.

I have a busy day today, so I don’t know if I’ll get a chance to get it on a board. However, the set appears seriously impressive. Space bars appear to be straight, accent colors are the most vibrant I’ve ever seen PBT, and the legends seem perfect so far.

The packaging is creative and fun. They feel slightly lighter than other thick PBT sets. I’ll have to get them on a board to make any meaningful opinions.

17 Likes

Got myself some EPBT pink accent keycaps so i can compare them to the Aifei ABS doubleshot sets. Thickness seems to be visually the same. Aifei has an ever so slightly rougher texture and a deeper sound. EPBT has them beat when it comes to legends, though. But, looking at the price… Aifei seems really good, specially looking at the big kits for the price. EPBT is the darker one.

11 Likes

I ordered two sets of 3u stabilizers for a split spacebar build on the Nascent I am waiting for. I was sent 6 sets of 3u stabilizers.

Once I hear back from the vendor on whether they want me to send them back or not, I may have 3u stabilizers if anyone needs some.

6 Likes

Seems like a thing with stabilizers, I always get extra when I order for some reason, even from different vendors, sometimes extra sets sometimes extra housings.

Wonder why… maybe it’s due to weight?

Fun mail day today; some things I expected, and something I didn’t:

Now that’s an interesting shape for a package… that bottom bit looks suspiciously deskmat shaped - and I am expecting one from overseas - but what’s this other shape?

Yep, the Mortal deskmat MelGeek graciously offered to send me - this other box, though…

Oh snap! That’s one hell of a bonus. :3 I’d almost bought that twice - yep, gonna have to review that when I finish the Charcoal one.

Anywho - here’s the whole haul for today:

• Mortal deskmat - This design was intended to run with MG Mortal, a keyset that didn’t reach MOQ. MG knew I’d joined the buy, and figured I’d dig the mat. They were correct. The surface is different than what I’m used to for desk mats; it feels like the outside of a water-proof boot - which makes sense, because it’s Cordura fabric. Thanks, MelGeek!

• MCR Horseman Kit B - One of three versions in the colorway, this keyset is in MelGeek’s latest profile, MCR. Inspired by but different than Cherry profile; very rounded corners and a distinctive but not overdone condensed typeface. More details on this later. Thanks again, MelGeek. It’s like my birthday up in here

• Gateron CAP V2 Golden Yellows - I got these from Divinikey after accidentally buying some V1s from NovelKeys.

• Trackday sticker - DiviniKey pretty much always throws-in a neat sticker, and this time it’s some cool vector art in the GMK Trackday colorway.

Edit:

10 Likes

The HMKB finally came and straight up on the market.

8 Likes

Is that the dolch color or white? I got the dolchie one in that same layout, but I still don’t have shipping. I assume it’s because I ordered a brass plate, and the whole situation with that currently.

Do you mean that you’re selling it?

It’s the beige color and yes I’m going to sell/trade it.
Could make a post here to.

I would buy it but I eventually have the same thing coming. Why are you parting with it so quickly?