What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

You betcha bud.

2 Likes

GMK Noire!

When I began the hobby, I thought GMK was crazy. Now I own 2 sets and had 3 in my possession once.

14 Likes

And I now have their website open. Whoops.

4 Likes

Do you have any that would match N9 or U9?

Did some work on that a bit back.

5 Likes

After trying the fakes and actually liking it, I decided to get the real ones. Still can’t believe why they’re so expensive.

8 Likes

PBTFans Twist showed up surprisingly early. I guess I was able to swoop in before the bonanza. I really was after that golden yellow accent to match up with the Ikki68 badge. It’s pretty close. Also, I think the bottom four is the Easter egg they mentioned. Neat.

11 Likes

do you have a gray GMK cap to compare the color to?

1 Like

No. I’m useless. Sorry bud.

It looks fairly neutral, perhaps on the warm/green side? Would you say that’s accurate IRL?

Neutral and warm for sure. In person, they’re a bit more blueish grey with the tinniest tint of a deep forest, maybe even mossy green.

1 Like

The NK Cream Nolive switches I ordered (in the NK flash sale that I stumbled upon five minutes before it ended last Friday) arrived.

11 Likes

Just some Oil King switches and XHT-BDZ for stabs which I forgot to post about on the “What did you order today” thread (doh). More curiosity than informed purchase. Initial impression of Oil King is a meh. Expected more thock or clack but seems to be quieter than Gateron Milky Pro X. As to XHT-BDZ, I’m happy with 205g0 but need occasional ‘refill’ to keep the rattle away. Hope this lube will remove that need.

7 Likes

I love the fact that you can barely see the stands on these prints especially on the black shelves. I was clicking around that person’s store and found that they have 3D printed wood stands in the same shape. Pricing on these is great too!

11 Likes

• 20 little 4 X 6 frames for @Seo_bun’s delightful switch cards

I’ve been wanting to display these for some time.

11 Likes

Love this! Looks great!

2 Likes

Update; hung them up in the kitchen:

A perfect place for these “nutrition facts” cards.

I didn’t use a ruler, because there probably isn’t one true right angle in this house. :man_shrugging:

16 Likes

yo good find! is this just simulated wood look?

1 Like

Actual wood fibers mixed with PLA! I’m just copying and pasting from the Etsy description but thought it was interesting enough to share here:

Made out of 3D printed wood which is a blend of saw dust and PLA plastic. This gives it the unique ability to be sanded and stained with wood stain to give the appearance of wood. Use any preferred wood stain to match. (Pictured is Minwax Provincial)

The item comes in the lighter brown as a raw 3D print and can be used as is. To achieve a ‘wood look’ use a heavy grit sand paper and sand every surface in the same direction. This will create the deep pockets for the wood stain to set in looking like grain. Once sanded apply wood stain liberally and let set, another coat may be needed. We recommend sealing with spray polyurethane after stain has dried to seal.

3 Likes