What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

I like to imagine that when you press the “FIGS” button, a small bowl of the fruits appears somewhere nearby, just out of view.

4 Likes

GMK Norse came in today.

11 Likes

Nice!!!

(Also, post #8008 :wink:)

2 Likes

Really interesting and exciting Mail day for me today.

DNDKB JingWei switches. DNDKB seems to be their own manufacturer, as far as i can tell. They don’t match anything else i have. Nylon bottom, PC top and POM stem, standard formula.
Very impressed. almost no stem wobble, no housing wobble and they are very smooth. They are factory lubed on the rails but the springs could use some help, they ping a little bit in some switches. They also have a very nice sound.

LCET Strawberry. My first time trying the ‘new’ wing-latch housing from LCET. The stems and the housings do have a little wobble/play to them but it’s not too bad. They seem to be ever so slightly larger than normal switches so they require more force to fit into plates.

Just some Gateron yellows.I really like the PC topped gateron switches. They have a nice higher pitched sound to them that goes really well with some boards. This batch seems to have a little stem wobble, but it’s nothing that can’t be fixed by a stem swap or something along those lines.

And my first time using FR4 material for plates. I will probably use it in my Monon60 r2, but i’m not sure what switches or keycaps to use yet.

9 Likes

Those seem very nice.

1 Like

U4Tx

Okay, these are strange. They aren’t really what they say they are.

The switch features a gold low-wobble dustproof POM stem with silencing pads on the top. This silences and softens the upstroke, while the long pole stem allows the switch to deeply thock uninterrupted by the top out sound.

But uh…

Yeah. I’m no switch expert, but these are dampened on the top and the bottom both. It seems more like what is really happening is that a firm press goes through the dampening pad on the bottom so that the long pole hits the housing for a subtle clack. You can actually make it feel and sound exactly like a silent U4 if you press gently.

Not exactly what I was expecting from the description, but I’ll give it a shot. Definitely feels like typing on U4 more than a U4T. If you are a light typist, they will sound almost silent. (except for the leaf chirp, lol)

18 Likes

Unboxing time… :star_struck:

It appears I need another keyboard for all the switches I’m amassing, ahem :wink:

• Jwick semi-silent linear
  • black sesame linear
  • Khail Midnight pro silent linear
  • Gecko silent linear
  • Aflion tropical waters linear

Plus a shiny new POM plate for the Ginkgo65, arctic fox and durock stabilisers, Krytox 205 and a switch puller (because obviously, I’m going to need to pull switches now…which should I try first?)

Edit: Try all of them, off course!

11 Likes

Saw this on Discord. Confirms my observation

6 Likes

Weird design choice, well it’s time for lubing and slicing I guess.

3 Likes

If you trim the pads, make sure to leave at least a little of the bottom portion so it will stay in place. It’s sort of a capital “I” with serifs shape, with wider portions at either end that keep the insert from sliding out.

5 Likes

GMK TŌKO came in yesterday. Very nice set to look at. Here it is on my Sequence:

16 Likes

Sangeo 65 came yesterday, so I got it built up. I have my Gazzew U4Tx switches in it. Haven’t decided on the perfect keycaps for it yet. I have some ideas, but we’ll see.

18 Likes

After watching this video of this Chinese blogger.

I bought it)

Summary

5 Likes

Summary

5 Likes

What is this for?

4 Likes

Oh neat. It’s a stabilizer wire tuning station, to aid in the process of straightening / balancing stab wires.

5 Likes

New deskmat day! been waiting for this one three months. :melting_face:

9 Likes

Linear

• Top housing material: UHMWPE
  • Bottom housing material: Nylon
  • Stem material: UPE
  • Long-pole stem
  • Spring weight: 63.5 g
  • Pre-travel: 1.9 mm
  • Total travel: 3.8 mm
  • Two-stage gold-plated spring
  • Lightly pre-lubricated

TECSEE ICE MILK LINEAR SWITCHES

Summary

8 Likes

Only own doubles of three sets. 9009, Carbon, and now Muted. Muted is one of few sets that complements almost any color keyboard.

11 Likes