What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Dope. Full stop. Ah it’s so cool!

1 Like

Niiiiiice :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Gorgeous. That’s definitely a keeper!

Something something terrible dad joke about heat sink fins keeping the board from getting hot.

3 Likes

So I’m not the only one! The first thing I thought was “The board look cool… or is it hot?”

3 Likes

Technically got this in the mail last night, but built this Kei up and it might be my endgame 60. So so good. Seller sold a bit below retail and included 2 fully built PCBs. Couldn’t be happier!

16 Likes

Been giving them a try today - I’m liking them. Not blowing my mind, but they seem like a genuinely solid offering in the silent space so far. Here’s a recording:

• They aren’t as quiet as Outemus like Ocean Silents, Bobagums, or (filmed) Peaches, but -

• They’re more quiet than Cherry silents and all but the high-end Gateron ones

I’d put them between Gaterons / Cherries and Kailhs / TTCs in terms of where they lie on the firm and loud to quiet and mush scale. They’re more clean and definitive than Cherries and cheap Gaterons, more firm than Outemus, but maybe not as definitive as the TTCs or Kailh.

Most of their noise actually seems to come from top-out; I’ll have to do some experimenting to see if films or lube can help with that. I’d say the top-out on these is just a little bit more quiet than the Haimu silents.

They’re pretty low-wobble at the top, but have a bit at the bottom if you look for it; these don’t feel as solid and steady as TTCs or Kailhs. In terms of smoothness, I’d say not many silents beat these out of the bag - but TTC Frozen Silents are up there, and the Haimu Heartbeats.

7 Likes

Akko Cream Yelz

8 Likes

HMX Glazed Jade switches. PC top and bottom with a 13.6mm long linear POM-blend stem. I didn’t know what to expect since i’ve never had anything from that manufacturer before, but they are instantly going up to second place on my mental switch tier list…maybe even a tied first place with the Weipeng factory samples i have (now going by Keygeek Raw). Incredibly smooth despite them only having a very light factory oil applied in some places, so it could even be improved, which just blows my mind. No housing wobble, they sit very tight on there, similar to some KTT 4-latch housings. Stem wobble is very, very minimal but still just enough for me to consider putting them at 2nd place. Still need to do more testing and try them out in a build but so far i’m blown away.

7 Likes

I like the look of those a lot. Cool colors, indeed

Testing out a new board in development by Dan at Fnctl.co

This is the newest design that is even more refined than the previous wood and resin board I have of his.

This one is gummy mount like bakeneko or Unikorn. It has a cleverly designed spot for the daughter board.

It’s very nice. Ive suggested that he widen the compartment by 1mm on the left and right. The current tolerances are simply too tight. I’m fairly certain that the key caps would rub the edges in time, due to movement of the wood.
The plan is to keep using it and see what it does. Dan told me he could always widen it down the road.

So lovely. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

21 Likes

Had to go pick em up by myself tho…

G80-0561 & G80-0915/2

10 Likes

man, that does look really, really nice.

When I first saw your FNCTLco board I was thinking that Bakaneko style might be the best way to go. Seems like being able to leave out the center posts as well as the screw inserts would save a lot of complexity (though perhaps there is other complexity from the baka shelves that I’m missing.

Anyways, cool to see that stuff is evolving. I recently ordered a wrist rest from them and can’t wait to receive it.

2 Likes
  • WS Lube Station from Dangkeebs
  • Two vials of RO-59, cleaner, and brushes (00) from Ringer Keys

Tentative plan for RO-59 is to try them on New Nixies and a set of polished Cherry blacks (already lubed w/205g0 so that’s where cleaner comes in).

11 Likes

Parts for the Charybdis Nano came in today

8 Likes

Let us know what you think of the RO-59 once you’ve used it! I’ve never heard of that but new lubes are always an interesting rabbit hole.

3 Likes

Wilba Thermal+ Milk, Kuro plate, Snow Whites, NovelKeys PBT Charcoal

13 Likes

Bruh. Dude. Buddy. Gorgeous. That’s something really special. Are these still being made, if not, do you know if they ever will?

2 Likes

yes, he is working on them currently. I don’t know when he plans to sell them publicly, but I would guess it’s sometime in the near future.

2 Likes

Whew! Thank goodness for that. I’m picking up a few when they do. I appreciate the info.

Larger than I’d imagined; think lorge grapefruit and you’ll be in the ballpark.

It’s hollow but not thin; you might just barely be able to see the eye-damagingly bright light from the UV curing lamp filtering through the plastic.

Oh, NovelKeys and your cute packaging. :cherry_blossom: :skull: :sparkles:

9 Likes