What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Hello again. It’s me again. The mondrop box arrived as a supplement. I have two boxes of linear and only one box of tactile. Because two boxes of Tennessee were ordered, but one box was stolen. And now I have a second box. One was not enough for a full test.

SPEC

• PC upper housing
  • Nylon botton housing
  • POK stem
  • around 21mm spring
  • Operating force 45+/-5gf
  • Pre-travel 1.7+/-0.2mm
  • Total Travel 3.3+/-0.2mm
  • 50 million clicks

More photos under the spoiler

Summary

These red switches are very beautiful in color. The case is very dense good, no wobbling, no film needed. The stem wobbling is also small, given that there is a very long stem here. They are lubricated from the factory, and it looks like it’s manual lubrication, something similar in color and smoothness to krytox. This gives an immediate effect. They can be used right out of the box. With gmk keycaps they have a high sound, but abs keycaps from kbdfans have a quieter deeper sound. pbt keycaps are something in between gmk and kbdfans. BUT these are all first impressions. They are very cheap. I had low expectations and therefore bought them because there was a discount. And they turned out to be very good))

9 Likes

Well it’s nice to have something for a key you usually change to Ctrl or FN.
I would only have it as Caps Lock on a Fullsize/1800 and mabey down to TKL.

I really like how you put those funny stickers on your jars. This is testament of a great sense of humour,… and therefore intelligence.

4 Likes

My Frog just arrived!
The gray anodization is super nice.
The gray PCB with white hot swap sockets designed by Gondo is fire :fire:

The leaf springs on the aluminum plate do little to nothing in term of flex, the tadpoles may be the greatest contributors of bounce I think.

18 Likes

What are your thoughts on the Morandis?

I quite like them. I wrote a small blurb about it here, but of course, @ThereminGoat was able to put things much more eloquently (and with better pictures!)

3 Likes

thanks! I got lost in the different posts…might be the late night reading… :crazy_face: appreciate the reply!

1 Like

10 Likes

It’s sticker day again up in here

Better one for the Carrots

Also one for Corals that doesn’t hide the switches so much

Pianos aka Durock POMs

Light Wave V2s (Wavez colorway artisans)

FLCMMK Ice Mints (one of three non-chocolate-chip mint ice cream stickers on planet Earth)

A better one for Blackberries

Ink Blues (accidental Master Control guy?)

A new one for Brothers aka Gold Blues

CJs

Bonus: Oddities - Aeon Flux (part of MTV’s Oddities) title-card eyeball-with-fly; since I’ve already used all of the stickers from SwitchOddities.com

17 Likes

I love sticker day!

:rofl:

4 Likes

Lucky me that I have not fallen into that rabbit hole of switches…
I have found one switch that I like, and I build now everything with it.

2 Likes

KBDcraft’s Lego-compatible Adam kit came in with all the new bells and whistles plus extra goodies. Big shout out to @BoyU who was kind enough to send me this Rev2 kit! So this is how a brick keyboard looks like upon opening the box. :laughing:

More photos on imgur: https://imgur.com/gallery/2H1wiIO
My original post: KBDcraft's Adam
Rev2 announcement on kbd.news: Kit Adam upgrade
Product page: Kit Adam

Now I can’t wait for the weekend when I can dig up the attic and seamlessly integrate this keyboard kit into my kid’s Lego Harry Potter castle. :rofl:

13 Likes

Ha, indeed - I enjoy my collection but this would be a pretty expensive and inefficient way for someone to find a suitable keyboard.

Beyond just making my wall more interesting, my plan for this collection is to make an information database - the idea being to assist in finding one’s favorite switch early on, hopefully making it a little easier. (If I’d come across Silent Bluish Whites a few years earlier, my collection would probably be a lot smaller, lol - but I’m in it for its own fun at this point.)

7 Likes

Trying the Cherry MX [Edit: Hyperglide] switches for the first time

11 Likes

Third time was a charm LOL! FInally got my Salvation back from NK & they used a bunch of packing paper to protect the board from the pouch zipper which worked out good. So happy to have a proper A stock board! Also excited to finally be using it! I threw my super flexy tray mount setup in it (HADflex60 PCB, FR4 half plate, L+F Pewters, lubed Durock V1 stabs) & it’s actually a really nice fit for it. I was a little worried it would be too much flex, but the Salvation allows more for bounce so it works out. Definitely a very nice typing experience on it!

12 Likes

Nice to see that Git logo!
Are you going to define a layer for git macros?

1 Like

No, I am not a coder so I wouldn’t even know what to do with those macros. Used the GIT logo more in the spirit of the set since it’s what it’s based off of.

I got a lot of stuff lately, but one thing was KTT Kang whites v3.

Meh, they’re ok. Nothing exceptional, nothing terrible.

3 Likes

The missing Domikey SA number 9 keycap!

5 Likes

Well, with a keyboard like that you should definitely learn Git; even if you are not a coder.

It is very useful to keep track of different versions and backups of plain text files over different computers or to collaborate with others on the same text. I use Git and Hg Mercurial all the time. It saved my sorry ass more than once!

1 Like