What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

I very nearly bought these the other day, and ended up going with the black-on-white Cherry profile set instead. I’m curious to know what you think of these after you’ve had some time with them!

Oh shiii, I didn’t look inside the pack-list. :+1:

3 Likes

12 Likes

More images - https://imgur.com/gallery/RcFAQXs

I got my NK_ Doubleshot PBT BoW and Vaporwave sets in today. I am super happy with them. The value these provide is great. Two full sets (including a numpad) for less than one GMK base kit. Plus, for me, I prefer the feel of PBT so this is a nice win for me.

The feel of these is just right. It’s very lightly textured. Some of the stems have gaps in them, as they stated would be present, but they seem to fit on a switch just fine. The spacebards are dead straight, so that was nice. I have a few other PBT sets and NONE of them have straight spacebars. All three bars in each set are perfect. I did notice some flashing left on some of the keys, but it’s on the bottom and shouldn’t even be noticeable once the keys are installed.

3 Likes

They are a fantastic stock switch, but I don’t regret lubing mine. A thin application of 205g0 makes for the smoothest switch that I’ve ever felt – it feels as if you removed the leaf there is so little friction. But depending on how you want to feel, you can certainly skip the regular lube job. I do recommend lubing the floor of the bottom housing and the roof of the top housing to dampen the clack, and of course lube the spring. If you have some, filming is advisable. Enjoy those switches!

:heavy_check_mark: PCB
:heavy_check_mark: Plate
:heavy_check_mark: Case
:heavy_check_mark: Stabs
:heavy_check_mark: Switches
:heavy_check_mark: Keycaps

3 Likes

U need a PCB to! :wink:

Yes of course! Forgot because I got them a while back already. Only noted today’s and upcoming deliveries.

Skyloong GK61x

Picked up this basic little hot-swap as a test platform for switches - unlike my other hot-swap board, this one supports 5-pin. Now if only they were South-facing… well, can’t win 'em all.

4 Likes

Finally!!! Been after one of these boxes for a while!

6 Likes

Wow that’s a lot of the fish one

The Fugu is by far my favorite sculpt.

2 Likes

I have a plastic case on the way to. I won a Luddite PCB and plate on Mech Merlin giveaway. Trying to build something fun with it. I’m gonna wrap the case in floral print vinyl.

What PCB and switches are you using?

1 Like

GH60 and Box Whites with TEX ADA. Feel like the clicks would go well with the photography theme. We’ll see.

1 Like

Sounds very interesting! Would love to see it once finished.

Ha! I am using BOX whites too. And I have that TEX ADA keycap set and love it. I have some of it on a macro pad and num pad currently, and am going to use the rest on a 40%

1 Like

It’s a pretty cool one, I think @Rob27shred has a bunch of those too

1 Like

Just cables today, 4" coiled. Not artisan-level, but better than the long-ass non-coiled cables I had. Got them for a song on Amazon. 3 USB A to mini for $13.99 and 1 USB A to micro for $6.99.

Given the shape, I couldn’t resist “the shocker” :metal:

6 Likes

aaaaaaaawwww Tangies :tangerine:

6 Likes

Sanctuary rebirth! I got convinced to get one of the extras after seeing all the pics of it on here.

EDIT: So it looks like the 6.25U spacebar isn’t right, it looks pretty straight to me, but it’s actually too loose, when I push it it pops off the stab on the opposite side… I might try some plastic wrap or something, but for now I’m just using a JTK toxic spacebar that you can only tell is different if you look really closely.

4 Likes