What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Gotta love when shit you don’t even remember ordering shows up

Polia tactiles from Drop

9 Likes

what kind of pretty panda variants can we expect to see created from these, sir?

Koalas, T1s and springs from primekb, plates from melanoma, and more washers than I can ever possibly use in my lifetime.

7 Likes

Where did you get those washer from? Must have.

Also, your desk mat confused me and I thought for sure you were going to start a side business selling switches

2 Likes

Meh, I’ll probably just leave them as they are aside from lubing them. They basically feel like a less precise Zealios - not bad but other than that there’s not really much to em

Oh, I see. I thought they were a Halo clone. Perhaps not.

Washers came from Amazon. Best deal I could find, even though I’ll never be able to use them all.

1 Like

If you’re into frankenswitching at all, Polia stems are great for it.

2 Likes

What are these for? DIY gasket mount?

Came back home to a pile of black friday goods…

More zeal switches and stabs, Inifinikey Cafe (not sure i’m loving these legends…), Infinikey Liquid (impulse buy, don’t judge me), and a couple of epbt sets from kbdfans.

Oh and a custom stacked acrylic TKL from SMKeyboards:

It’s a bit more custom than usual, with a copper leaf spring plate and gaskets. Stacked acrylic layers are cutout on the sides to give you that inset side profile/hand holds.

16 Likes

Nah, these are fiber washers. I use them for screw in stabs.

2 Likes

Also waiting for these two keysets.
My Kam wraith set should arrive soin though…

1 Like

I got some colors in the mail, keyset design going slowly but well.

12 Likes

I have a set of ePBT BoW from it’s first run and some of the spacebars were warped enough that Kbdfans replaced all of the 2.25u to 7u caps for me. My set was the first ws2 white color caps that they ever produced and learned that the cooling temps used for the beige/cream caps didn’t work for this color. Of course they shipped the sets to Kbdfans anyway, lol. I checked to see if the original 7u in the kit was serviceable enough to send your way, but it’s a straight up banana. I hope you find a replacement.

3 Likes

I appreciate you checking bud, but yeah I can only imagine how banana’d the longer keys were from the first run. I’m gonna email Divinikey to see if they have any replacement bars to send out, not holding my breath though. As I think they just bulk bought a bunch of these sets from KBDfans. TBH, I was expecting the 7u to be warped, the only PBT sets I ever got that had even half decent 7u spacebars were the OG ePBT sets that used Gateron blanks. For now I’m using a black (CR) 7u spacebar from GMK with the set & got my fingers crossed GMK Bleached will be a bright enough white to use it’s 7u space with this set.

My OA’s finally found their way out of shipping limbo & I also got in 3 Nightcaps Moonblanks I got a great deal on! The OA’s are super nice, definitely a recolor of Tangies as they both have the same mold markings, but just as nice as the first run Tangie V2s I have IMHO. Also no factory lube on the OAs! So when comparing them side by side to V2 Tangies the OAs sound a little scratchier, but both are skating smooth in feel. Think these OAs with Cherry tops swapped on will be what I build my Rukia with!

Edit: So after some messing around with the OAs some more I gotta warn you guys, the springs are hot garbage unfortunately. They are easily some of the most inconsistent springs I’ve ever felt. I don’t have a way to really quantify the weightings, but going through my batch you can definitely feel a pretty drastic weighting difference between a good bit of the switches in it. On top of that the springs are a little pingy & crunchy. Kinda a shame as nice as these feel otherwise, but I was planning on a spring swap anyways.

5 Likes

Ah, the good ole days of Gateron blanks. Those sets were so solid. I actually ordered the spacebar kit of GMK Bleached just to have small split spacebars for my ePBT WoB set, lol. Of course this was before I realized that they were included in the newest runs :rage:. I tried to get Kbdfans to sell me some by themselves to no avail, lol.

2 Likes

Got my ALT and Canvas keycaps this week. Still waiting for my stabs and glorious panda switches.

7 Likes

Got mine too. From quick experiments, these feel very nice with a coating of 3204 on just the stem. Keeps the skating feel but removes some of the resistance on off-center presses. Also, they do need films to eliminate top housing rattle on upstroke. Very nice switches. I’m happy with them and they’ll be making their way into a build shortly.

2 Likes

Yeah films will be necessary with these for sure, but I’ve gotten used to that with JWK switches LOL. Although I hear the Alpaca V2 molds fixed the top housings, I haven’t tried any myself yet to see if that is true or not. How’s the springs on your OAs, do they feel really inconsistent with weighting like mine?

2 Likes