What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Herman Miller Gang. Rise up! I finally took the plunge on an Aeron last month! Nothing like it.

5 Likes

Yep! I have had mine for 12 years now. Best money I have spent.

3 Likes

I have the same exact memory of the Rama works. It’s almost as if it’s only for looking at.

1 Like

So clean, very nice pickup!

1 Like

Can’t believe how long those last. I have a 15 y/o one and it’s still in perfect condition. You can get them slightly used for almost half the price as well.

New solder iron with automatic shutoff because reasons

17 Likes

Got my first Topre in today!

Kinda weird to use but feels good :slight_smile:
It’s a HHKB Pro 1 from 2005, got it completely stock, was disassembling it and lubed it while at it. Pleasing typing experience, it’s very tactile, that’s all I can say so far :smiley:

16 Likes

glad you’re enjoying it, you’ll be one with cup rubber soon enough.image

13 Likes

I do have a realforce mouse tho, if that counts the hhkb is my 2nd topre :smiley:

4 Likes

:exploding_head: I had no idea that was a thing, wild

how do you like that? i’ve heard mixed reviews about it, seems a little mushy for a mouse button.

Geekark BOW arrived today. It’s a nice, albeit imprecisely spaced, set :woozy_face:

8 Likes

Got 3 packs of silicone Dangkeebs switch films in. Decided to give them a try over my prefered Deskey films because they were $2 cheaper per pack (they’re on sale right now). Then I think they may actually be a little easier to work with than Deskey films given silicone’s sticky nature. Although I guess that could go both ways, since I had to open each pack up to make sure none were borked cause they shifted in transit & stuck to each other with the sheets at all kinds of crazy angles.

Gonna try these with the hyperglide reds I got coming for my G80-3000 build I’ve been gathering the parts for. Will definitely report back & let everyone know how they do!

7 Likes

I like it a lot tbh, clicks are silent :slight_smile:

Shape isnt really for me but still feels nice in the hand. I use it for everything except gaming, got my GPW for that

1 Like

Can’t wait to get my first low pro board!

10 Likes

Whoa. Derp

1 Like

It’s not a keeb but it does generate input.

Now it’s time to go back to basics, as I haven’t done anything beyond a doodle, since 2005…

So happy, that pen displays have started to become affordable, as I’ve been wanting to do this for a while.

18 Likes

More experimenting with the expansion modules soon.

15 Likes

Thanks for posting this. It is precisely why I avoid almost all PBT Cherry profile keysets.

Haven’t tried BSP or CRP, which are supposedly much better, but in general the shrinkage and warpage frustrates me to no end (that’s what she said…)

3 Likes

That looks pretty cool. Is that upper control a mouse nub?

1 Like