What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

blue gray 280! :raised_hand:

5 Likes

Zaku long-pole linears from Bolsa. Smooth and clacky in the hand; looking forward to giving them a proper try.

No nameplate, but there looks to be a faint outline of where one could be in the molding.

7 Likes

Model M-based IBM 5576-C01 Japanese TrackPoint II Keyboard just came in today! Very chuffed since these are likely the rarest TrackPoint keyboards.

24 Likes

CA66 definitely wears it better! But tbh both look decent!

4 Likes

Heyo, thanks for your patience on the V2 Raras!

I would recommend either a light application of 3204 on the bottom housing and stem (avoiding the legs), and 105 bag lubed springs. Alternatively, you can be a little bit more reckless using 3203, but that’s personal preference for how much tactility/potential scratch you like.

4 Likes

I typically don’t bother to post my mail days, but this one is particularly exciting

23 Likes

Finally the deskmat arrived

10 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

Couple of things arrived yesterday :sweat_smile:

• Ceruleans - from CannonKeys
  • Neapolitans - from CannonKeys
  • V2 Raras - from Ashkeebs
  • 68g Black Boba U4Ts - from 3DKeebs (:black_heart:) just to round out the collection, really
  • Flashquark 2-stage springs - from 3DKeebs, I think I’m really getting into longboi springs?
  • Krytox XHT-BDZ - from 3DKeebs, hoping to see what the hype is about
10 Likes

What do you think of the new CannonKeys packaging for switches? (Sealed bags v ziploc)

Not really a fan, I’d have preferred something resealable :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

XHT-BDZ

I think I’m just gonna call it “stab butter”

3 Likes

Those look way better than I was expecting. CA66 for sure

1 Like

G Pro Superlight

9 Likes

The largest Nyogel 767A I could purchase without a credit check. What’s cool is it’s specifically designed as a dampening grease for electronic components. So a little goes a looong way. Neat.

6 Likes

Didn’t know about Nyogel 767A until now. Cool. Velvety volume control feel! Found a video of what it does:

How is it? Is it fast enough for stab use? UPDATE: Nevermind. I found Walker’s video on the subject. Quick answer: Use it only on the wire, not outside.

3 Likes

Given the amount needed per stab, that large tube will last a very long time. I already have a 3ml tube filled with MCG and it works very well in controlling rattle so I’ll defer getting Nyogel until I run out. I have two more jars of the stuff I got from NovelKeys while back so I doubt it’ll be soon.

One thing I found annoying is dealing with air gap when refilling the syringe. Thinking about sacrificing a plunger by cutting out a notch so I can insert a tube for air to escape.

1 Like

Idea23 Hi-Pro Marbled resin keycaps. I wonder how they will look on a VHS Heavy Grail!

11 Likes

Yup, I for sure scored myself a lifetime supply. This stuff is amazing. It’s weird cause the trick is to apply the least amount needed to get the best results. Less is way more.

1 Like

oh wow. those look very nice. Highly considering a set for my Heavy Grail. Let us know what you think of them.

1 Like