What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

The poster. I also got a deskmat of it coming in :slight_smile:

10 Likes

SpaceCables finally came through!

It’s for GMK Modern Dolch 2.

15 Likes

IBM M122 keyboard. I’ve been wanting to get my hands on one of these for a while. I’m glad to finally own one!

15 Likes

3:7 mix of 105 and 205

Well - I expected this to be just 105, but I’m sure I can use this, too.

The listing did include both numbers in it somewhere, but I assumed it was junky SEO… “105” and “205” were not close together or separated by “and” or “mix” - ah, language barrier. :man_shrugging:

The lid says “Keyboard Switch Lubes Stabilizer” - anybody use a mix like this for anything specific?

5 Likes

I know Mr Keebs use a mix like that for baglube.

2 Likes

The grade of the mix appears to be 00 which to me would mean that a 205g2 is thinned out with 105 to 205g00 which would be a little “wetter” or thinner than the regular 205g0. If this is true, I would imagine that it would have the same applications as 205g0, but a little bit easier to apply and not overlube.

2 Likes

Some smol tools apparently.

13 Likes

Oooo is that a titanium switch puller?

Indeed it is. Seems like it will work quite well too. I just, I dunno, thought it would be a little bigger for some reason.

They work really well, but I do wish that they were a little thicker where you have to hold them. I may wrap mine in fabric tape, sugru, or something else to make them a little more comfortable.

1 Like

That’s a great idea. I’ve got some Sugru in the refrigerator I could use to build up a little more of a “comfort grip” on the handles.

2 Likes

Was gone a few days so a lot to look through when I got back.

Geekark BoW and all color accents
Decent 65 in copper suede

Mounted caps to test out. Love the accent colors but the mint works best here. Copper suede is a nice unique look. This is just a dry fitting but the decent 65 typing feels a lot better than just “decent” to me.

Silver Kei. Can’t wait to build this one out. So hefty with full brass bottom.

Sessantacinqe with extra brass plate. Such a simple design but lots of nice touches. Love the fillets.

21 Likes

Ok can we just talk about how awesome the logos are on the bottom of the brass plate itself. To me that is just a beautiful detail, especially if you’re one to switch your keycaps and switches a lot and you get to see that when you open the keeb up.

4 Likes

Yes, quite the nifty little detail.

o hek

I’m not home yet to snag these off the porch; I’m just too stoked about them not to blab.

13 Likes

OOh, nice! You’ll have to report on what you think about the linears.

Nice! I frankensteined some LTs with Boba housings. I think you’ll be happy with these :slight_smile:

1. Be an absolute sucker for anything with an HHKB layout.
  2. ???
  3. Prophet.

I need to see if I can track down one of the very, very few sets in existence that have a stepped Control for maximum :ok_hand::weary:

15 Likes

Finally got home and opened my box of Boba Nixdork switches. Bonus candy!

*nixdork badging

Limited production housings; aside from color the most notable physical difference is the LED slot, looking like one from Ye Olde Cherry switches.

The listing says these are A.) smooth out of the bag and B.) have tighter tolerances.

I’m not sure about B - they don’t feel especially stable or resistant to wobble - but I can definitely confirm A; these are nice and smooth right from the bag, and I really don’t think they need tuning unless there’s a very specific way of lubing you prefer. At minimum, the spring lubing is better than a typical Boba - no ringing from these guys - not even the tactile ones.

More info as I spend time with them.

10 Likes

Mmmm those LTs look delicious!

1 Like