What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

That reminds me; I still have an old Note 5 battery to replace so I don’t have to charge my aged phone three times a day.

4 Likes

My Meridian has landed & it’s a beauty! Was gonna lube up some Snow Whites for this, but I have a batch of Gat Milky top, black bottom, PE stems already ready to go. Think I’ll be using them instead so I can get it built tonight.

Edit:

All built up! I used the POM plate, milky top Gat yellows with PE stems & TX regular 50g springs (205g0 on housings/stems, 105 on springs, Deskey films), Durock V1 stabs (205g0), all topped off with GMK LUX. So far I am loving the board, the lesser angle of the tilt on this makes it much easier to transition over to from a standard layout IMO. I’ll have a sound test incoming soon!

18 Likes

And the colors will match to :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wowzer. That is a beaut! :green_heart:

1 Like

Great board and build! I hope I get my gray one this week. I already prepped a batch of Tangies in anticipation. I couldn’t resist getting a POM plate as well.

1 Like

Thanks! You should have yours early this week hopefully, I got the standard shipping & it only took 4 days from TX to here in PA. Nice, Tangies on the POM plate should have a great feel & sound! Definitely post some pics once you get a chance to build it up!

Nice, shipping should be similar then (north eastern Ohio). I will definitely post some sub-par pics when it’s all together, lol.

1 Like

Really nice ! :grinning:

1 Like

Some good ol’ Milky Yellows, and some dark brown leather dye - both for an upcoming project.

I’m going to take a crack at dyeing a couple cases - I’ll let you know how that goes! When searching around for info about dyeing ABS plastic, “vinyl dye” (aka leather dye, upholstery dye, shoe polish) seemed to be the viable option that didn’t involve heat. We’ll see!

I’ll be trying this first on my Tester68 to see if it works - and if that goes well, I’ll be using it on a 60% build for a client.

7 Likes

I did some vinyl spray some time ago on a Dell Bigfoot case. Covers very nicely. Reece Conrad on Instagram: "#TBT the ever popular classic Dell “Bigfoot” AT-101W. Brand New Beige with black Alps switches. Making old new again - custom painted Navy case with Blackheart 101 PCB (fully programmable USB) new old stock white pine Alps switches, Tai Hao doubleshot keycaps. #mechanicalkeyboards #mechanicalkeyboard"

3 Likes

I got a more “normal” amount of switches to add to my collection from Mechbox. I’m now up to 823 switches in my collection

7 Likes

(I actually got this yesterday, but I forgot to post so don’t @ me :smiley:)

IBM 3178-C4 “blue switch” Model F keyboard. Unfortunately, it suffers from quite a bit of case damage (which I knew about before hand), so my plan is to try repairing some of the damage and documenting the process to help others in the future.

13 Likes

What is that lime green switch?

1 Like

KTT Matcha

1 Like

If you already got it to work, what does the blue switch do?

1 Like

14 Likes

OPEN IT!!!

Packaging is really spiffy

2 Likes

Alps mail day! Last year I sold all my Alps gear to @Rob27shred thinking I was done and then I got switch fever again because of @donpark

70 Salmon
70 Orange
70 Undamped Cream
59 Blue
130 Amber

I don’t even have solid plans for these yet :rofl:

I have some caps and cases, but need to design and order Alps plates for them.

13 Likes

Ooooo I can’t wait. Great packaging - looks straight out of a 1980’s International Business Machines stockroom.

So… is it “matteyo” or “matt thirty” - or maybe “matt three oh” ?

2 Likes

I pronounce it like RUFIO but MATTEO MATTEO MATTEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2 Likes