What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Got my healios and 3204 for my ut47.2 build! Now just have to wait for the GB to ship.

1 Like

:heart_eyes::blush:

9 Likes

KBD19x

11 Likes

Today is a day of firsts, for me. First order from NK, first tactile switch, and first silent switches.
Some Aliaz 70g and some Gateron silent blacks.

4 Likes

Now I just have to figure out the hard part: which board that currently has GMK Laser on it should get swapped with GMK Taro :sob:

(or figure out whether or not I can justify purchasing an entire new board for GMK Taro to live on)

1 Like

Cool. I can highly recommend Gateron silent blacks lubed with 3204. Will be building a board soon with them (if the board decides to ship some day :tired_face:)

1 Like

Got my new phone in yesterday! I went with a S10e, pretty happy with it so far. It’s a huge upgrade from the S7 active I was rocking!

I also got my ALPS/Nexus switch openers & a sample pack of Nexus sliders/housings in. The openers work pretty good & are fairly thick so hopefully they’ll hold up well. The Nexus sliders/housings are kinda a let down. They noticeably change the feel & sound of ALPS switches IME (especially when using both on a switch). So I wouldn’t recommend using them for a whole build, but they do work well enough to use them for putting a MX artisan on a ALPS board or if you need a specific sized cap for a layout you want & you can’t find a ALPS mount one. Although I think if BlindAssassian takes what he learned with this first run & make some fine tuning changes these could be a very viable product for whole builds in the future. Not sure if he’ll be doing a second run though.

5 Likes

Feels a little surreal that I managed to grab this set from the zfrontier’s treasure crate. Since I only started seriously looking at custom keyboards about three months ago, I just figured I’d only be able to ogle this set in photos. This is my first keycap set and I noticed some of the keycaps have different letters printed underneath them. Anybody know what those letters mean?

3 Likes

Are you talking about the weirdo alphas? Those are a variant of the alphas for milkshake; I’m really wishing I had bought them. Let me know if you’d like to sell them, I have a good home for them :smile:

Haha I’m not looking to sell anytime soon.
It’s a small embossed letter on the underside next to where the switch inserts. Maybe it’s just a signifier for the factory?

Yup, that’s exactly what it is :slight_smile:

KAT ALPHA keycaps. They’re awesome!

9 Likes

Can you upload a pic from the side of the KB so we can see the profile please?

Sure can! Here also is a diagram comparing the profile to SA and Cherry.

4 Likes

Nice, thank you! :metal: It’s looking like I’m gonna have to get myself a set in this profile sooner than later. I love sculpted SA, but it does affect my typing speed a bit. I’m thinking with KAT I might be able to get the best of both worlds. The speed I can get with Cherry & the feels of SA. :thinking:

2 Likes

Only been using it for a day but I do think it lives up to the promise of splitting the difference.

2 Likes

Are the KAT Alphas available somewhere or is this just a sample?

Kono.store has a waiting list.

Yes, I pre-ordered from Kono late last year.

ePBT Grayscale with accent kits

4 Likes