What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Some tuning supplies from thockpop:

• syringes
  • switch pads
  • fiberglass PTFE-coated adhesive tape
  • thin PTFE tape (no adhesive)
  • burger buns (wee silicone o-rings)
  • some 105
  • a dope sticker
  • and a cute poem

All those lubed switches over the years and this is actually my first vial of 105 on its own.

I like the periodic table look Newman’s labels have.

8 Likes

Monster mail day today - some stuff I ordered last week, some last year:

• Aesop Rock’s Float, Appleseed, and Labor Days on vinyl

• 2x Magicforce bluetooth numpads; one for a client and one for me

• TTC Wilds

• Midnight Jades (BOX Jade recolor)

• Kailh Speed Navies

• Kailh Pro Light Greens

• Clicky Big Switch

• GMK Mecha (!)

• a cool sticker

• and a Gator Ron enamel pin

It’s basically [ insert your traditional gift-giving holiday ] for me up in here.

15 Likes

Now THAT is a haul!

Here’s my little bit, Invokeys with the supremely fast shipping.

The little containers are cool too because there’s a secondary, friction fit lid inside keeping things nice and airtight.

5 Likes

I’m curious to hear your thoughts on the Kailh Pro Light Greens in terms of how they compare to the Speed Navies.

1 Like

I’ll be trying them in a board soon, but I bought them mainly out of curiosity about whether they were jacket or bar-based clickies. I couldn’t find a definitive answer easily, so I figured what the heck I’ll document it at some point so the next person will know.

Kailh Pro Light Greens use click jackets, and the Navies use bars.

The Navies are also heavy af @ 100g peak force and 100G bottom-out. The PLGs are more in the realm of normal, and do seem pretty solid for a jacket switch at first glance. I’m glad to have an example of Kailh click jacket switches to compare with the other mfr’s switches.

I have some Speed Navies in a board, I like them in terms of weight but the actuation travel is a little short for my liking so I figured something like the Pro Light Greens with a a .5mm lower actuation point might be more suitable for my typing style even if I would have to spring swap them. I was operating under the assumption too that the Pro Light Greens were a clickbar switch, thank you for mentioning that they’re a click jacket. Would be interesting to see how they jail-mod.

1 Like

Reminds me a little bit of my NEATO Latin concept keyboard

4 Likes

Latin has no K?

It got sideloaded from Greek and Phoenician but then later it was deprecated.

“The Latin alphabet of 23 letters was derived in the 600’s BC from the Etruscan alphabet of 26 letters, which was in turn derived from the archaic Greek alphabet, which came from the Phoenician. … Eventually, K became vestigial in Latin, used only for a few words like Kalendae and Kaeso”

7 Likes

We learn things everyday :slight_smile:

I got an e-mail today I didn’t expect… oh man.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

21 Likes

Whewwww. Congrats!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been looking for an excuse to sell some stuff. Perfect timing :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

oh damn, congrats

1 Like

That’s awesome. I took an L as usual. Ha. What color combo did you go with?

i didnt even enter cause i didnt have the money. Eventually though ill try to get a keycult >.>

1 Like

Silver with the polished stainless steel (A-Stock). I could not be more stunned that I won a raffle.

I selected the brass plate in case I try to resell it in the future, but I need to figure out their system for ordering extras so I can get some other material that I am more likely to use.

I have no idea what I am going to put on it. I am thinking GMK Bushido. People really dislike that set, but it is actually killer on a silver board.

8 Likes

What a beautiful combo :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

Dang. That was my #1 combo choice! I bet anything will look great on it.

1 Like

Next engine v3 switches. i still don’t know much about those switches. also JWK ultimate blacks, some different o-rings for burger mounting, and olivia clones from that new manufacturer just to see if they’ve improved.

6 Likes