What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

When I started looking at optical switches I did not knew about Swishy plans of making custom switches and PCB.
During my research Google targetted me to a Keebtalk thread :smiley:
Now following his Discord server, good source of information, but alas not very active at the moment :frowning:

I’d also like to see more switches choice, so like you I cross my fingers that he will suceed :wink:

1 Like

pros are so nice, but I need black housings. Guess I could just go with a KS-3, but they’re not quite as smooth.

1 Like

How about the Gateron X?

I have some coming but I need all black for a project. My canoe bugs the heck out of me because it’s built with clear top Gateron blacks, and I can’t stand to see the shiny clear plastic peeking out from below the caps on the bottom row.

I should have bought some more h1s when they were available

2 Likes

So I am not the only one who is bothered by clear tops then, whew! LOL! Seriously though, other than old Gateron KS-9s (clear top, black bottom) & Zealios every switch I’ve tried that has a clear top or is fully clear has been a let down in one way or another. To the point where I almost actively avoid switches with clear parts at this point.

2 Likes

A pair of Big Switch PCBs, related hardware, some stickers, and a bonus keychain! I knew that spare Pro Micro would come in handy one day…

7 Likes

MW65/cheap67 kit, PBT WoB keycaps and bulbasaur switches arrived today. the bulbasaur switches have the same “next” nameplate as the engine v3 switches i received days ago, which is interesting. Also received some gameboy games i bought just to try them on actual hardware. and the super mario game just because of that face. it’s just hillarious. xD

11 Likes

Akko Lavender Purple, Outemu Orange and TTC Bluish White switches.

8 Likes

Mamma Mia

2 Likes

PCBs for optical switches testing.
Those came from JLCPCB pre-soldered with the IR led and phototransistor.
They are also breadboard friendly.
Now I am able to play with the Kailh optical switches I received recently :wink:

9 Likes

the Pokemon My Ass version for a laugh from me

Top uhwempe as a bonus.

6 Likes

Got this little guy today (1 of 1 bulba-san jack o latern keycap from karakuri caps)

5 Likes

Kailh BOX Whites. I somehow forgot about these despite owning box pinks for a couple of years now…I like them compared to MX Blue already :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

11 Likes

Let us know what you think of them after you get a chance to try them out proper! The Frog switches really surprised me as to how nice they were, so I’m assuming these should be up there too.

3 Likes

The first is that they are the same. Current new spring. But the sound is different, not the sound of the impact, but the sound of friction. They are quiet friction drain. But louder is the knock on return.
You don’t even need to lubricate them. But they are loud for me. And the clack sound.

I lubricated them and they became very quiet. The smoothness has not changed. But on some there is a sound of friction. The current is not very audible if you press slowly. They are very pleasant. I just love it when it’s heavier and the weight is good.

I immediately found out why I need so many different of these things.

Tts ace and CS Jelly Black X45 will come to me within a week

5 Likes

Got my batch of Gateron Xs in today. Pretty damn smooth on quick test loose, will report back after I get to mess with these some!

8 Likes

I have a whole story with them. All because of my country. It is very difficult for me to buy something. There is almost always no way to buy directly, you need to use a service or intermediaries.
I have been waiting for an invoice for delivery in one store for over a month. And came gateron x. This store is also a supplier. Agreed to buy them too. And I waited for almost 3 more weeks. So did not wait. Had to buy from Australia.

3 Likes

3 Likes