What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

No, I just helped Novelkeys get some boxes made at the same time as mine.

6 Likes

I wasn’t the biggest fan of the TTC Matrix 01 tactiles with Cherry profile caps (or the Blueish Whites), but somehow they feel really good with DSS.

2 Likes

I kind of like them too, just wish they were a bit thicker. Still, they’re going to look sharp.

Absolute gorgeous color combo. Congrats.

What set is that? I have been poking around thinking of these for the command65

Gmk Chocolatier
mt3 noctua
Akko chocolate Chocolate Keycap Set(178-key) | Akko Official Global Site

TTC Frozen Silent linear switches from mechanicalkeyboards dot com

These are three pin with a milky bottom and a clear top & stem.

In the hand they feel nice and stable, decently smooth, and quiet - I’ll be giving them a proper try in the Portico sometime soon.

I actually didn’t expect these any time soon; I’d added them to my cart and then forgotten about it, and when I checked back later they were out of stock. Little did I realize the ones still in my cart were still being held aside - didn’t notice until I came back to snag some Cherry switches a few days later. I figured worse that can happen is I get an email they’ve already sold out - but hey! I actually got the switches.

3 Likes

I think its this AF SA (mg keycap profile clone) set, I have them in another color
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vm8jVn

1 Like

Affirmative!

@Dave - I did a sorta-kinda review on them a while back with a 3-color pack I purchased. The AF SA Profile - a sorta review

3 Likes

The KangaRoos are in.

8 Likes

After watching various reviews, I am stoked to put this together!

15 Likes

A $35, brand new, completely functional, Cherry point-of-sale keyboard.

I was just certain this would prove to be some sort of eBay trick or something, but was willing to risk it for the low dollar cost. Now even if I don’t like this keyboard, I’ve got a stack of re-legendables and some decent MX-Black switches nope! Something else entirely!

I typed all this on the board.

16 Likes

This arrived a few days ago, but my wife was sick with Covid and wanted to watch me unbox it to try and understand what this keyboard hobby is. She finally recovered today.

Monokei Hidari with extra PC plate and solder PCB with some U4ts and some 75g springs to swap in if I don’t like the 62g springs that came stock. The seller also threw in some staebies which I didn’t get in the picture.

Only thing missing is the keycaps, but hopefully GMK Noire starts shipping later this week and I can build it soon.

14 Likes

My Piggy finally made it home. Jamon replicas until the GB comes in.

White alu plate and weight to complement the caps, Novelia switches and Durock V2s.

It is proper Endgame material. For now.

19 Likes

The clones look pretty great on that board actually! Amazing setup.

2 Likes

Received my ePBT 9009 keycaps (the KBD67 Lite edition) and I’m very happy with them! My first time trying keycaps on the higher quality side and they do look and feel much better quality than AliExpress sets.

• The QC seems very good, they look consistent.
  • The legends are crisp, and bold, no imperfections noticed.
  • Texture is a bit rougher than most of my sets, feels nicer, edges are on the softer side.
  • They sound lower pitched than all of my sets, full sound, now I get why all the early reviews called the KBD67 Lite “thocky”.
  • modifiers have a slight warpage, nothing too major.
  • A bit more beige than photos suggest.
  • At $40, the price is great.

Some cons of this set:

• ‘F’ and ‘J’ are scooped and hit the switch top housing which causes a high pitched sound, I don’t know by which standard they went but it happens on Cherry switches too.
  • Spacebar is on the thinner side and sounds appropriately.
  • The keycaps seems to not be elongated downwards as other sets, so they seem to be sitting higher and can expose the switches on certain boards.

Left is ePBT and right is an Aliexpress set.

10 Likes

I looked long and hard at the piggy during the group buy but I was new to the hobby and the price seemed crazy. Now the price don’ doesn’t seem so nuts.

Looks amazing. I need a big bezel board at some point.

1 Like

I observed this as well. Pretty annoying.

4 Likes

I agree about the price, but I realised after 6 or 7 years in the hobby that I’d only ever drop this much money on a keyboard that is exactly right. This is it for me. Had to sell a whole lot of boards to justify the cost but it worked out well.

1 Like

Hippo caps today. Really nice legends, super straight space bars. Very good coverage. 10/10

17 Likes

Here’s a big Thank You to you @Deadeye for your verbal description of the KangaRoos a little while back. I think you are spot on — I love them :smiley:

6 Likes