What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

TBH I got Drop’s email about r4 first somehow, so that’s where I ended up ordering.

So, someone posted about Yong Qui keycaps on another thread. I hadn’t heard of them, but got curious as I looked at the store. So, I ordered a couple sets: WoB and BoW, seeing as no one should claim that they are copying GMK or anyone else. :wink:

They are about 1.48mm thick, double shot PBT. I note that the interior shot is a lot thinner than the exterior shot of the plastic:

And looking over the legends, they are clean and properly printed and aligned. I’ve had $80 sets from places like KBDFans that haven’t been as nicely aligned (like this example):

I can’t comment on the feel and sound of Yong Qui sets yet (beyond they feel good in my hand / fingers) as I haven’t put them in a build yet. I’ll use them as soon as I decide which switches to use in my next build (I have three sets of tactile switches I want to test and I’m really torn about which to try…)

9 Likes

Got this in the mail the other day but forgot to post.

Skippy from Anomaly Caps.

11 Likes

I got my PBTFans Spark set today.

I have a busy day today, so I don’t know if I’ll get a chance to get it on a board. However, the set appears seriously impressive. Space bars appear to be straight, accent colors are the most vibrant I’ve ever seen PBT, and the legends seem perfect so far.

The packaging is creative and fun. They feel slightly lighter than other thick PBT sets. I’ll have to get them on a board to make any meaningful opinions.

17 Likes

Got myself some EPBT pink accent keycaps so i can compare them to the Aifei ABS doubleshot sets. Thickness seems to be visually the same. Aifei has an ever so slightly rougher texture and a deeper sound. EPBT has them beat when it comes to legends, though. But, looking at the price… Aifei seems really good, specially looking at the big kits for the price. EPBT is the darker one.

11 Likes

I ordered two sets of 3u stabilizers for a split spacebar build on the Nascent I am waiting for. I was sent 6 sets of 3u stabilizers.

Once I hear back from the vendor on whether they want me to send them back or not, I may have 3u stabilizers if anyone needs some.

6 Likes

Seems like a thing with stabilizers, I always get extra when I order for some reason, even from different vendors, sometimes extra sets sometimes extra housings.

Wonder why… maybe it’s due to weight?

Fun mail day today; some things I expected, and something I didn’t:

Now that’s an interesting shape for a package… that bottom bit looks suspiciously deskmat shaped - and I am expecting one from overseas - but what’s this other shape?

Yep, the Mortal deskmat MelGeek graciously offered to send me - this other box, though…

Oh snap! That’s one hell of a bonus. :3 I’d almost bought that twice - yep, gonna have to review that when I finish the Charcoal one.

Anywho - here’s the whole haul for today:

• Mortal deskmat - This design was intended to run with MG Mortal, a keyset that didn’t reach MOQ. MG knew I’d joined the buy, and figured I’d dig the mat. They were correct. The surface is different than what I’m used to for desk mats; it feels like the outside of a water-proof boot - which makes sense, because it’s Cordura fabric. Thanks, MelGeek!

• MCR Horseman Kit B - One of three versions in the colorway, this keyset is in MelGeek’s latest profile, MCR. Inspired by but different than Cherry profile; very rounded corners and a distinctive but not overdone condensed typeface. More details on this later. Thanks again, MelGeek. It’s like my birthday up in here

• Gateron CAP V2 Golden Yellows - I got these from Divinikey after accidentally buying some V1s from NovelKeys.

• Trackday sticker - DiviniKey pretty much always throws-in a neat sticker, and this time it’s some cool vector art in the GMK Trackday colorway.

Edit:

10 Likes

The HMKB finally came and straight up on the market.

8 Likes

Is that the dolch color or white? I got the dolchie one in that same layout, but I still don’t have shipping. I assume it’s because I ordered a brass plate, and the whole situation with that currently.

Do you mean that you’re selling it?

It’s the beige color and yes I’m going to sell/trade it.
Could make a post here to.

I would buy it but I eventually have the same thing coming. Why are you parting with it so quickly?

I’m only using 4x12 ortholinear nowadays

2 Likes

You up for other 75s for trading?

LOL, Sorry no, read post abow u

Oh yeah shit, didnt see that. Gl selling tho.

1 Like

Got my Leobog Matchas today. They have also kindly provided some samples of their Gold Pink and the Wooden Blue switches.
The matchas are light-medium tactiles, similar to something like meteor oranges, but with a longer pole. The stem ever so slightly peeks out of the top housing in their original leobog housings and putting them into JWK housings makes it peek out even more. They could be a nice thing for some frankenswitches for those light-medium tactile enjoyers here. They even fit boba tops.
The Gold Pink are linear switches and also have a longer pole. Pretty similar story here. Would need to do more testing but could be a nice, reliable and cheap source for long pole stems for BCP or something of that sort.
Wooden blue are clickies which also have a long pole. Seems a bit more tactile than something like blue outemus or gaterons. Putting the stem into something like a Boba housing is quite interesting. Pretty strong tactility with a little pretravel and a nice pole bottom out.
They are ever so slightly scratchy and inconsistently pingy but really nice with some lube. And they seem to have pretty minimal stem wobble not only in their own housings but also in frankenswitches.
Hoping that the manufacturer will receive some love with some custom switches (like the MMD ice cream) in the near future.
Also my Leobog collection so far.

9 Likes

How’s your interest in 4x12 cases other than ultra minimalistic?

The matchas seem very interesting, but how are those long poles for sound? Are they loud like U4T?

I enjoy Meteor Orange, but they need a lot of work [housing tightening, lubing] in order to sound good for me.

I’d throw Matcha stems into a Boba linear housing with ~57 G 15mm springs, but not if they’re going to be super-loud.

1 Like

Sadly i only have the U4 and not U4T. But i put one of the matcha swapped bobas into my keyboard and they sounded pretty muted. Without any lube in it it sounds lower pitched and more muted than lubed cherry or gateron switches. Even more than my JWK ultimate blacks or oil kings. At least on my board, could be different in other boards.

1 Like