What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

I found this repo https://github.com/Pattttta/FancyAlice66 with the source files needed for qmk and via, hopefully they work with latest qmk setup

Well technically it arrived yesterday.

14 Likes

Whatā€™s that keeb to the left there? Those colors look fun.

Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve posted here, havenā€™t been keyboarding much lately, but I am back with an IBM M2 ā€“ One of the most unreliable keyboards ever built. Itā€™s quite sad how this is given the previous lines of Model Ms are known for their bullet-proof reliability.

And yes, this one is broken too. Thankfully, there are plenty restoration tutorials online for it.

6 Likes

Oh cool, theyā€™ve come up with a nice and slim case. I dig that.

• moar brushes

• Ink plush

• Panpan plush (with upside-down face :upside_down_face:)

• Portico68 w/ not-a-pistol case

Couldnā€™t wait to build the Portico. Itā€™s 2AM and Iā€™m too tired for photos - but for the moment Iā€™ll say I really like it so far. Promise Iā€™ll be back tomorrow with sounds, images, and words.

8 Likes

That is my try for an endbudget build. Board 25ā‚¬, switch films 10ā‚¬. No primer but green and violet spray paint that Iā€™ve had laying around. Hot glue to make my own weight and reduce the plastic caseā€™s bendability and so on.

20220605_102615
20220605_102635

13 Likes

Nahā€¦ itā€™s not very slim. It still is bulky. For real. It kinda looks like here What is on your desk today? - #4147 by Extra_Fox on my wrist too.

Update: Here are some pics to illustrate that beautiful son if a lump.

8 Likes

The 2077 DSA kit from Drop landed on me a couple of days ago, but I only unpacked it today. Had to fit them onto my whitefox for now, because the black case I got for them originally came with /dev/ttys and I love them too much to change now ā€¦
Plus I really like the 16-key top row ā€¦

14 Likes

Now this is podracing a mail day! Unexpected and that made it more fun.

• JTK trays so I can finally clear my Dracula base kit off my desk (thanks for the input, @Rob27shred!)
  • DCS Nightfall since Iā€™ve never tried DCS
  • Two orders from Switch Oddities (plus some Hi-Chew) which are far and away one of the more fun things Iā€™ve gotten in the mail recently. I havenā€™t even touched them all yet but there are some shockingly good switches in here.
7 Likes

AULA Matcha-axis tactile

Mine arrived the other day.

They are indeed light-medium tactiles, not light-tactiles like Browns.

I would say they feel like a toned-down AKKO CS Ocean Blue, or calmer Kailh Polia. [Maybe they are Polias - wouldnā€™t that be interesting! A cheaper way to get Halo stems! They are using Kailh housingsā€¦]

They definitely are stronger at the top than Browns. But they donā€™t get much stronger, and are not heavy in weight. They feel like Browns with a greater ā€œpush-feelā€ throughout the keypress. As if the stem is ā€œthicker.ā€

If you can imagine a significantly more viscous Everglide Jade Green, they are kinda like that.

They donā€™t make any weird or bad noises, but are plasticy in sound. So I guess they need 3204. Yeah, there is a slight scratch, but nothing horrible.

Meteor Oranges are a good comparison, although these might be a little thicker in tactility. They require more overall force to type with than Browns do. These Matchas are one of the better switches on a stock MK870, and would make a decent medium-tactile keyboard with AF SA keycaps, especially if lubed.

Hereā€™s some more info about AULA switches:

Interestingly, that site sells them individually, but at much greater cost than bulk-buying.

6 Likes

And ā€¦ I just noticed that the ,< and .> keys were upside down!

Iā€™ve previously had trouble with the whitefox, and some double-striking. This was made much worse by putting the very large /dev/ttys on here ā€¦ Iā€™m happy to report that these DSAs havenā€™t made it worse this time :slight_smile: Theyā€™re smaller than the whitefox original caps.

I donā€™t have a hoarding problemā€¦

18 Likes

This is why Iā€™m so TX stab poor. Youā€™re a legend good sir, well played.

1 Like

Well thanks bud! Honestly though I kinda just got lucky on this haul. Ashkeebs had V3.1 TX stabs left in the black WKL 1.6mm variant (I think nobody realized he had them!) So I ordered 5 sets & a tub of 10ml 205g0 from him. Then camped on the Mekibo site for the first drop of this month to get the 2 sets in black WKL 1.2mm variant. Had I not stumbled across Ashkeebs stash & missed the last Mekibo drop Iā€™d still be TX stabless LOL. Although with as many as I got I could sell set if youā€™re really interested in trying them out!

1 Like

Youā€™re too kind dude. I really appreciate that. I did my own damage on CĀ³ stabs from TKC. I was so tired of my builds being held up by low stab stock ā€“ so I wigged out and got a dozen sets. :rofl:

Iā€™ll be patient. Ugh.

Also, isnā€™t TXā€™s logo so clever? They took a generic representation for the bottom of a keycap and used it for the T, then tilted it a bit to form the X. The same image represents 3 different things. Big brain.

3 Likes

Which version of the IK75 did you get? I ordered the IK75 Pro/QMK version a few days ago. It will be the first keyboard that I purchased that has full QMK/VIA support.

Irony: I bought it to play some games that require both the function row and number rowā€¦ :wink:

So I made a booboo:

I meant to order the Sapphireā€™s instead. So Iā€™m returning these and order Sapphires.

2 Likes

I am gonna try to be on the ball for the next drop =D Gonna use Cherry clip-ins for my upcoming Sequence until then.

But I also had the thought of ā€œThatā€™s where they all areā€, as if. xD

2 Likes

I got mine from mine key, they are still instock

3 Likes