What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

I’m pleased with Scandi. Not pleased that the resin on this board has yellowed. But you can’t tell with the RGB LEDs on :joy:

9 Likes

There. Less yellow. This Narwhal enter cap is awesome! Going to need to put a heavier spring in that switch!

10 Likes

My Parallel Snake showed up today:

Summary
  • POM plate from Hype.Keyboards
  • Chthulu frankenswitches (L+F) / BCP (L+F) on space bar
  • 40A durometer o-ring
  • Cherry clip-in stabs with Durock wires (XHT-BDZ & GPL 205g0)
  • KBDFans switch pads
  • GMK Nines w/ Kono Artisan

…as well as some new switches!

Durcock/JWK Black Lotus

19 Likes

6 Likes

New Nixies!

14 Likes

Translation from Chinese. How could I translate.)

Initial Strength: 43±5g
Bottom force: 50+5g
Total stroke: 3.5±0.3mm
Conduction stroke: 1.9±0.3mm
Spring: 22mm 43g double-stage extended spring
Material: upper cover PC, base nylon, axis pom,
Factory run: dry film lubrication
Five-legged shaft, four-corner buckle, mx shaft body

More photos under the spoiler

Summary

If you do not know that they are stock without lubrication, then you can think that they are lubricated. There is no spring sound.

More packs of stabilizers have arrived. I already have 2 packs. But I bought two more packs.

Well, another pack of cherry browns.( Cherry MX Brown Hyperglide)

7 Likes

Got me another “endgame” keeb today together with some extra plates I had made.:muscle:

Also got GMK Phosphorous + Spacebars, so now I need to find a 40s for that one :grimacing:

8 Likes

holy heck. That snake is something else!

2 Likes

New mouse:

18 Likes

Looks very turbonomic

1 Like

Norbauer Datapad came in this morning!

10 Likes

12 Likes

11 Likes

So far I tried 4 variants of New Nixies, all lubed with 205g0:

• TPU film - highest pitch, harsh bottom-out, sound is loudest and distinct
  • PC film - higher pitch, harsh bottom-out, sound is loudest and distinct
  • Poron film - high pitch, normal bottom-out, sound is louder and distinct
  • No film - lowest pitch, normal bottom-out, sound is not that distinct

Since what I want is distinct Nixie sound but moderate in pitch and bottom out, I think I’m going to use Poron films with the first set.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention that I really liked Nixies distinct sound. A well-tuned board full of Nixies could sound pretty fun to type on. It’s like tapping on small diameter bamboo tubes.

5 Likes

I tossed on some Deskey films in my Nixies just to soak up the loose hosing wobble. Haven’t tried them in a board just yet, but did choose to get rid of the stock springs before anything else. I ended up tossing some TX 57g XL springs in that were bag-lubed in GPL 105. Leaving the test of the switch un-lubed for now to see how the signature Cherry scratch breaks in for a while…

2 Likes

9 Likes

I was looking at buying that one, do you like it?

If only at a big discount, buy (bought for 18 dollars). Accuracy is ok. The set is ok.
But the screen was filled with something and it did not rub off. Greasy prints were on the metal))
I need it to measure switches and keycaps.
I had a simple one before, without a screen.

1 Like

Finally found out who makes these (thanks to SwitchOddities) - apparently it’s a manufacturer called Zorro.

2 Likes

Dualshot R2! I own R1, but I picked up the accents and space bars for this run. Excited to see where I can use the space bars now. Nice to have stock accent colors on hand.

Instagram post for more photos

17 Likes