What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

This move has an initial linear.
Kinda looks like a drop panda.

Although no. I have a Chosfox x Jwick Voyager Tactile Switch and they click the same. And the stroke length is the same. The only difference is that CIY is smoother.

3 Likes

Got a 12 pack of multi color baggage tags for my cases that don’t have label holders. Didn’t realize I had so many. I’ve already used them all, so I ordered more. Here’s a few

No more worries about tape residue, which is a big plus. They don’t look as tidy though. Only a $7 investment so we shall see if it works out.

10 Likes

Don’t know what the price will be at the end, but if you want it nice and tidy something like this might be nice. https://www.patches4less.com/

3 Likes

Good news, WS quickly replied and said they would sent the missing stabilisers! :star_struck:

5 Likes

Kemove sent me this K68SE, along with a nice P10 switch puller.

As of my understanding, the SE is the non-hotswap, non-wireless version of their K68 I wrote about earlier. A very well built keyboard, especially for the price. And it’s absolutely ridiculous that you can have something like this for about $30 (with the appropriate coupon). The same sturdy housing, and the keycaps got even better imo.

5 Likes

I didn’t know about this store, but I’m going to order something there just for the sole reason that they ship this.

1 Like

Ha, they really lean into the theme - they are in the process of closing-down but it looks like they still have plenty of stuff to pick-through.

A few more stickers:

WS Morandi

TTC Gold Red Pro

NK_ Silk Mictlán

6 Likes

I got my medium switches and stabilizers from divinikey really fast.

Pretty nice first impression. Definitely hear spring ping though.

I’ve tried DCS and DSA with no collision issues. GMK makes contact even on row 1. I guess it would feel uniform since every row collides with the switch tops :joy:

I’m not 100% sure, but it seems like JTK as no issues. Will have to get in a board to know for sure though.

I’ll build a board soon to test out the stabilizers

6 Likes

I like the color of them, especially the tactile version, the yellow in your picture looks better than the product listing imo

Pretty drastic change in height.

Build a board with tactiles and DSA. 107 wmp on first typing test which is a pretty much my average. So it’s definitely familiar feeling.

The stabilizers are perfect! No binding, no rattle, no noise at all. Impressive! I gave them my usual treatment of 205g0 on stems and housing insides and dielectric on the holes/wires.

Now to try the linear. I do hope they release a switch that isn’t silent. Can’t help but think I would prefer a nice clack.

6 Likes

The cool thing is that they open just like a standard MX switch.

I don’t understand. They sound muted like they have dampening material on the stem or the hosing. But nope. :person_shrugging:

I triple checked that the caps aren’t contacting the housing. Maybe just the material and the way the slider rails have such small contact area? Anyway, it should be really easy to lube the springs. They come apart easily and the tops don’t loosen after opening.

7 Likes

As for sound could it be because of less empty volume space given that the switch is smaller by a significant margin ?

Those are really interesting !

1 Like

who knows? lol.

They are really interesting. Believe it or not, I find the linear version to be even more intriguing. It’s the same idea without the bump, yes, but the force curve of the spring is immensely satisfying. It ramps up rather quickly (I suppose because its already short and fairly compressed). It’s quite cushy at the bottom.

Imagine trying to type on linear switches without bottoming out… like pressing carefully enough to just get to the actuation point. Then there is like a bouncy pushback from the spring just 1mm or so after that. It’s quite nice. IDK, hard to explain. Buy some and try them out. No need to buy a new PCB! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Keep in mind, you can technically use these with GMK caps, but you will get an artificial bottoming out from the collision of the keycap support on the top of the switch. I checked again with JTK in a board, and there is indeed collision on some of the rows. SP DCS seems okay, but sounds a bit chattery and not as nice as DSA on these for some reason. MT3 sounds weird. I think it’s hitting.

I would probably only recommend these to people who are willing to use keycaps that are going to work out (DSA, OEM, DCS)

6 Likes

:expressionless: :expressionless:

I have already read the article “Goat”
I agree with him.
But he did not seem to discuss there that the spring here has the effect not so much of a “ringing” as a strong vibro effect. I recorded a video with him on Instagram and YouTube.
Some more features, I took the first one straight out of the box and immediately caught the effect like a crack or a scratch when you press it.
They are lubricated very well out of the box at the factory.

Further, as always, a lot of great photos.

Summary

5 Likes

Precompression of the spring would have the opposite effect, though.

1 Like

Summary

OWLAB London Fog Switch

Summary

3 Likes

Re: quiet Mediums - I’m not 100% certain, but I’m pretty sure the tubes have silicone plugs at the bottom like TTC silents do, and the top housings are made of HPE which itself is pretty soft and flexible.

Between that soft material and short spring movement, I don’t think the stem builds up enough energy on the way up to clack against it.

3 Likes

Neeto. This is definitely a premium finish. Feels very similar to a Norbauer coating. I love the feel of beefy glossy coatings.

And how cool is this avacado PCB and shiny FR4 plate? Nifty!

11 Likes